Cleaning cat trees

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have a cat tree with a round shaped perch on top that I have found almost impossible to de-hair. The hair gets stuck in the crevices of the rounded perch and even the vacuum hose attachments don't pick it all up. This morning, I tried using an old dull serrated knife to GENTLY scrape the perch, against the grain of the carpet, and it picked it up almost entirely. Gently scooping the tip into the crevices removed most of the hair from there as well. I was pleasantly surprised it worked so well.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Squeegee! You can get a small one for bathrooms vs the large one for windshields. Squeegee works so well for cat trees that sometimes I wish I could squeegee the cat. Actually, I have a Zoom Groom and a grooming glove and both are also exceptional at pulling hair off surfaces including Betty. But for cat trees, couches, carpet, etc, a squeegee is likely your best tool to pick up hair.

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Household cleaning gloves especially the kind that have little nubs on the palm side are great for removing cat hair from fabrics and carpet.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cat tree with a round shaped perch on top that I have found almost impossible to de-hair. The hair gets stuck in the crevices of the rounded perch and even the vacuum hose attachments don't pick it all up. This morning, I tried using an old dull serrated knife to GENTLY scrape the perch, against the grain of the carpet, and it picked it up almost entirely. Gently scooping the tip into the crevices removed most of the hair from there as well. I was pleasantly surprised it worked so well.
There are mini squeegees also that don't have a handle

lollie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use towels for where kitty sleeps. I can de-hair those and then throw them in the washer.