Cleaning Cat Pee

ScarlettGatsby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat got accidentally locked in my son's room overnight (he crawled into bed with us, shutting his door after him and she had been asleep in his room).
I didn't figure out she was in there till 9am when I realized she hadn't come downstairs to meow for food.

She peed on the area rug in 2 places, and it also leaked onto the carpet underneath. I thoroughly shampooed the carpet and rug with my carpet cleaner using a "pet" formula. After it dries I was going to vacuum and shampoo them both again after I treat them with something like natures miracle, which I need to go buy.

Will that work to remove it all? Do you think she will pee in there again now that she did once?

Is Natures Miracle the best choice or is there another kind I should buy? I've heard of one called "kids and pets" I think.

Anything else I should do?

Topherius

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat got accidentally locked in my son's room overnight (he crawled into bed with us, shutting his door after him and she had been asleep in his room).
I didn't figure out she was in there till 9am when I realized she hadn't come downstairs to meow for food.

She peed on the area rug in 2 places, and it also leaked onto the carpet underneath. I thoroughly shampooed the carpet and rug with my carpet cleaner using a "pet" formula. After it dries I was going to vacuum and shampoo them both again after I treat them with something like natures miracle, which I need to go buy.

Will that work to remove it all? Do you think she will pee in there again now that she did once?

Is Natures Miracle the best choice or is there another kind I should buy? I've heard of one called "kids and pets" I think.

Anything else I should do?

Is she spayed? Could be a reason for the marking. Ive heard good things about 'kids and pets' and people use that for more than just urine spots too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ScarlettGatsby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is she spayed? Could be a reason for the marking. Ive heard good things about 'kids and pets' and people use that for more than just urine spots too.
Yes she's spayed. Shes 6 years old and we've only had her about 5 months. She's never peed outside her box before and I feel so bad she didn't have access to it!
What besides urine do they use kids and pets for?

Nature's Miracle is an excellent enzyme based cleaner and the one I would recommend. Really soak the spots with it so that it can get down to any urine that soaked in.
Great, thanks! There seems to be a few different kinds, but one is labeled specifically for cat urine, that's what I want right?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes she's spayed. Shes 6 years old and we've only had her about 5 months. She's never peed outside her box before and I feel so bad she didn't have access to it!
What besides urine do they use kids and pets for?

Great, thanks! There seems to be a few different kinds, but one is labeled specifically for cat urine, that's what I want right?
I don't think there is much difference but yes, i would get the one for cat urine.