Clay Litter Recommendations

Sibguy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will be getting a new kitten in a few weeks and was just wondering what you all like to use for litter? I use to use eco solutions - Odour Buster and really liked it.
Just wondering what other clay litters are a good option.

Last edited:

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I have used several . Arm & Hammer clumping litter works best for me. I also add some silica crystals and scented backing soda .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sibguy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah yes , arm in hammer! Thanks

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I personally do not use clay litter. I prefer to use something more natural - I believe it's safer for my cat, myself, and the environment. I am using Okocat wood clumping litter. I must say, it is amazing. It has very little dust, clumps quite well, and covers smell well too. I would encourage you to check it out. Natural Cat Litter | okocat | Healthy Pet

catlitterguru

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another vote for Arm & Hammer Litter, specifically the Slide line. It does really well at odor control and doesn’t track or dust much. Congrats on the new addition!

Sibguy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I personally do not use clay litter. I prefer to use something more natural - I believe it's safer for my cat, myself, and the environment. I am using Okocat wood clumping litter. I must say, it is amazing. It has very little dust, clumps quite well, and covers smell well too. I would encourage you to check it out. Natural Cat Litter | okocat | Healthy Pet
I'm aware of clay alternative but isn't Clay natural? My thinking is as long as there is no dust cat is fine. I mean clay has been around along time. I really liked the odour Buster, no dust stays clean and loose. My past cat lived to 24 years old olwith clay litter.
I will check out your brand as it's wood but I'm not to keen on the wheat and corn litters as wheat and corn are GMO and littered pun not intended lol with pesticides so how can that be a safer alternative?

Sibguy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another vote for Arm & Hammer Litter, specifically the Slide line. It does really well at odor control and doesn’t track or dust much. Congrats on the new addition!
Thanks!

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm aware of clay alternative but isn't Clay natural? My thinking is as long as there is no dust cat is fine. I mean clay has been around along time. I really liked the odour Buster, no dust stays clean and loose. My past cat lived to 24 years old olwith clay litter.
I will check out your brand as it's wood but I'm not to keen on the wheat and corn litters as wheat and corn are GMO and littered pun not intended lol with pesticides so how can that be a safer alternative?
I guess if it’s something like Dr. Elsey’s where it’s only clay then it’s all natural. But a lot of clay litters have added chemicals to help the clay clump. I’ve also heard that clay can be dangerous if ingested (cats lick it off their paws after they use the litter box) so I don’t want to take any chances.

I agree, I don’t really like the idea of using food as litter. Okocat is supposed to be all natural wood and I’ve had good experiences with it so I am happy.

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use three different litter, depending on which one is cheapest &/or which one I can get the fastest. I use Dr. Elsey's, Arm & Hammer and SoPhresh (Petco Brand). I've heard good things about Boxie Cat, and have ordered one to use next month too so we'll see.

Neo_23 Neo_23 I saw your thread about that. Do you get it from your local pet store or directly from them? I'd like to try it but it's $10+ for shipping to my place, and I've tried two local pet store with no luck. They've never even heard of it.

Neo_23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use three different litter, depending on which one is cheapest &/or which one I can get the fastest. I use Dr. Elsey's, Arm & Hammer and SoPhresh (Petco Brand). I've heard good things about Boxie Cat, and have ordered one to use next month too so we'll see.

Neo_23 Neo_23 I saw your thread about that. Do you get it from your local pet store or directly from them? I'd like to try it but it's $10+ for shipping to my place, and I've tried two local pet store with no luck. They've never even heard of it.
I get Okocat from Tisol in Canada which is a store owned by Petvalu. You can try using their store locator page on their website to see which pet stores close to you carry it. There are quite a few close to me that do but I went with Tisol because it had the best prices. Okocat also has a 3$ off coupon on their website you can print and use at the store.

himawari

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I get Okocat from Tisol in Canada which is a store owned by Petvalu. You can try using their store locator page on their website to see which pet stores close to you carry it. There are quite a few close to me that do but I went with Tisol because it had the best prices. Okocat also has a 3$ off coupon on their website you can print and use at the store.
I'm so silly. I didn't even think about that. There's one 2.55miles away so I might give it a shot for the new year lol

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Just wait until someone comes out with '100% Natural Organic ' kitty litter ( sand ) ! $$ Watch your pocketbook ':sigh: