Claw caps anyone?

lizzimi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Anyone have any experience with them ? I volunteer at the SPCA and found someone who is willing to put them on my cats for me (they won't even let me clip their nails, they hate me).

I'm going to get them on ebay, if you use them where do you buy them? Is there a specific seller you use? There is a few lots of like 20 for $1 from China then there is this seller "from USA" selling the same thing but for $8 claiming that they are distributing a USA name brand... one which I cannot find anywhere on the internet so I'm pretty sure they made that up and just buy the $1 China ones and resell them for $8 >.>

If you get them from China, are they good quality? If you have used "name brand" and China brand, did you notice a difference between the two? Or should I just pay the $20 the pet stores want for brand name (which are made in China anyway -_-)?

Does your cat eat them? I'm worried about her eating them x_x.

Thanks!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

I don't know anything about claw caps.. they are hardly heard of in Australia.  However I'm wondering how this person will put them on your cat when they won't let you clip their nails?  And you'll have to keep doing it, of course.

bentliy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You will need to clip the nails before applying the caps, otherwise they will either poke through the cap or shed them off weeks faster. So, if you just clip it once and apply the caps, they last anywhere from 4-6 weeks.

I don't know about ordering from China... But the brand they sell here in the US is "Soft Paws". They work well.