Clavamox To Another Cat

Scat Man

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok...About 3 weeks ago now I brought in a stray kitten that had a URI...The kitten is currently on Doxycyline...This past Friday another of my male cats was prescribed Clavamox twice a day...Now as frigging luck would have it I have another male cat that is showing some signs of a URI....Would it hurt to give him a dose of the other cats Clavamox? Or should I call and ask my vet?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd call the vet and explain the situation and confirm the proper dose and medication strength for the cat that is now showing URI symptoms.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its never a good thing to give one cats meds to another cat. If a cat is prescribed an antibiotic they normally need to take it until its gone, never cut short the time or amount of antibiotics, give the whole amount prescribed.

So your other guy will need a vet visit, he will need a check up for blockage, and well as medications if there is an infection. Blockages can turn deadly for male cats, quickly, so please do not assume its an infection, it could be a blockage. Have the vet visit. And do keep us updated on how they are all doing. I know it really stinks when they all get sick at the same time :goodluck:

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Call the vet. He/she needs to know about their URIs and if you treat htem with Clavamox too it will run out.

Duck, you are getting two totally different infectoins mixed up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Scat Man

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd call the vet and explain the situation and confirm the proper dose and medication strength for the cat that is now showing URI symptoms.
Yeah this is what I planned to do today sometime..My guess is they are going to want me to bring him in...My bank account is not going to take much more of this...One male cat left that has not caught it yet and I hope he don't....

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My thoughts are with you, and the cats! Hopefully it will be an easy fix, and not too expensive. And we will hope that the other male cat does not get sick! Let us know what you find out!:crossfingers: