Clancy's first experience with a raw meal (video included).

rockysc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, some of you may remember my thread for our Siberian kitten Clancy. I post videos of him performing tricks, and other random things. Anyway, we haven't posted one in a while and since we decided to try to give him raw for the first time tonight, I decided to record it and upload it to his channel.

We got him in June and he is now almost 9 months old. Up until this time we have been trying to feed him the highest quality stuff we can find in PetSmart. We keep dry Blue Buffalo kitten food out for him most of the time for him to snack on, and we give him a half of a small can in the morning and at night as his main "meals". Up until 8 months or so we were exclusively giving him kitten formula canned food, mainly Blue Buffalo as well, but around that time he flat out stopped eating any of the kitten canned food, so we started giving him the normal higher quality stuff. We tried to find things that had an actual meat as the first ingredient, and then stuff without any mention of animal by-product or animal digest.

Anyway, we decided to try raw since we had a feeling he may take to it. We found a dealer a little ways up the road that carries Blue Ridge Beef Kitten Mix, and we bought one chub of it. He wanted it the second he saw it, even before we opened it. This isn't that special, but it is a video of his first experience with it. I just thought I would share.

maraozza

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there!:wavey:

Clancy is very handsome kitty!

Congrats on his first raw feeding! :clap::woohoo:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol3: You're torturing poor Clancy, making him wait for his yummy food while you were making this delightful video for us! :lol3: That cat is a carnivore and knows what's good for him (and what he was meant to eat)! :D

...and I disagree. It's very special when kitty gets their first raw meal - and especially special when they LOVE IT! :D :bigthumb: Thanks for sharing! :clap:

If you'd like to learn about why you may want to pull those kibbles, this is a website written by a vet: http://www.catinfo.org :)

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love his body language when you were trying to distract him while he was eating.  It said "Stuff it!" as if he were speaking words.  He is such a beautiful kitty.  I would love to bury my face in his fur.

Last edited:

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just so you know..... when you put it in the microwave, you basically negated the whole point of raw food; you cooked it!! :lol3:

Glad he liked his semi-cooked meat though anyways *giggle* :clap:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did I miss that? Internet is pretty slow, and it kept buffering to load the video, which I got to watch in 10-15 second segments.

To warm up the frozen raw food, I dethaw in the fridge overnight and/or put the baggie in a bowl of cool water. :) It really shouldn't ever be microwaved.

If you want to serve it warmer than fridge temp, again, you can just run the baggie under warm water for a minute or two. :)

aoife

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How awesome!  My Lady Grey is also a Siberian, and she loves her raw :)  She was raised with raw, so we just continued it when we got her.  Hooray for Clancy!