Cisapride $500.00 Per Month In Nz - Any Ideas

jwhite

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi everyone
i have been told it is $500.00 per month for cisapride in NZ.. does anyone get this in australia and would have a place i could ring to see if i can get it there for less?
my cat scoobie isn't tolerating lactalose or miralax and stops eating.. and is really down.. no grooming.. no purring.. and doesn't drink water.. so i need to try cisapride.. she has IRD, possibly megacolon and hypercalemia..
thanks
julie

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure if they ship to NZ, but 1800petmeds is known for low cost medications.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jwhite

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure if they ship to NZ, but 1800petmeds is known for low cost medications.
thanks i will email them... i tried road runner they don't do nz...

jwhite

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It appears to be off market in the US, not sure if that applies to other places too. Some info says we could get it from a compounding pharmacy, but that would probably be really expensive. This pharmacy recommends domperidone instead: Motilium 10mg 100 Tablets/Pack (Domperidone 10mg)

Maybe that's worth a try.
they stopped it around the world.. as it was killing people... heart problems... i will look up domperidone.. thanks...

does anyone know... does it have to be keep in the fridge.. and does it go off after a month.. surely if they have to make if from scratch at a compound place.. the more you get made the cheaper?

jwhite

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey thanks heaps
1800 pets do it!!!!! and they send to nz.. i am just waiting on a price... as they are closed...

jwhite

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hey there
it is $60.00!!!!! you are a life saver!!!! xxxx
many thanks