Circe - 9 years is not enough

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is almost exactly nine years since I adopted Circe, who was then 6-1/2 years old and had been through a failed adoption (she was returned in poor health, but two months after I adopted my first 2, she was back to being adoptable).

She was my snuggle cat, my beautiful Circe, the first cat who would sleep with me at night. She would get up in the night, I'm sure, because in the morning, I would notice her arriving back where she had been as though she had not left.

She developed a group of lumps on her side, and at first they did not seem to bother her. We used to have three vets in town, but are down to two, so appointments are hard to get (my vet holds some same day appointment slots, but you have to call right at opening to get them--I didn't think that it was that bad that I had to get her in right away). Then the lumps grew, and she scratched one open and got an infection. Domino had an appointment for a check on his status and I took her with me (ask forgiveness, not permission). That's when we learned the lumps were not going to be operable and we took her home with some meds and a recheck Tuesday. I had to work, so my son took her. Because I was not there, as her owner, he couldn't sign the paperwork for euthanasia, so he brought her home with more meds. I medicated her last night, tried to get her to eat (she hadn't eaten much at all she had lost 0.8 lbs between Friday and Tuesday).

This morning, I woke up ready to give her her morning meds, and found that she was already gone. Rest in peace, my beautiful Circe, my sweet floofy bear.
Beautiful Circe.JPG

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so hard to let them go......My heart goes out to you, I know how big of a hole this leaves in your heart. i pray you will continue to remember the good times, and what she meant in your life, and know she died at home, surrounded by your love, exactly where she wanted to be. It doesn't happen often.
She will always be close by. Love is spiritual, so eternal. The new path she follows will forever parallel your own, she lives on through you now. "Do not cry because it is over, smile because it happened".
One day your pain will turn to gratitude for having her share your life. But for now, the pain of loss overwhelms any feelings at all. Know you gave her love which is what she wanted most of all. She will forever hold that love in her tiny soul, she is at peace......RIP dear Circe. You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You were both blessed to have had each other and that your life's paths crossed. It sounds like she was so loved and cherished - what more could any creature or human ask for? She rests now and never has to suffer even one second more. You will reunite one day! I hope you have some good support around you, but if not, there are others (here and other places) who know exactly how you feel. Take it moment at a time!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry.

:hugs:

I think if given the choice, any cat would prefer to pass away at home sleeping surrounded by those she loved, than at the vets. It was fate that your son brought her back home to spend one last night with you. I'm sure she knew you were close by and felt comforted by that.

Rest in peace beautiful girl

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Circe, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Where there is love, an eternity would not be enough. But what a lovely gift to her, that she was able to cross that Gate between This Adventure and her Next Great Adventure at home, secure, and wrapped in your love! There is no better passing for anyone. I will tell you the Deepest Truth I know...that love never dies, it is translated and purified into Love, and continues on. And now, from her new home in That Place Where All Things Are Known, Circe blesses you, and she sends her Love back to you to walk with you down through all of your days. Because Love abides. Always and forever, Love abides.