Cinnamon’s First Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.

KitKat<3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is Cinnamon’s first litter to deliver. She’s been having contractions since 8:30 this morning. She’s not delivered one kitten yet. Is this normal? I’m very concerned about her.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its probably too long, and you need to contact vet asap.
Im not sure how many hours you mean

Prelabor may be quite long even 24 hours, but full labor with active pushing is much shorter than with women. 30-40 minutes and its seen as crisis.

This is Cinnamon’s first litter to deliver. She’s been having contractions since 8:30 this morning. She’s not delivered one kitten yet. Is this normal? I’m very concerned about her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KitKat<3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its probably too long, and you need to contact vet asap.
Im not sure how many hours you mean

Prelabor may be quite long even 24 hours, but full labor with active pushing is much shorter than with women. 30-40 minutes and its

KitKat<3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! I’ll call our vet.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you mean by contractions? Is she actively trying to push?

KitKat<3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, Everyone!
Here’s the latest update on my baby, Cinnamon. I did rush her to our veterinarian. He is very concerned for her. His initial evaluation found she is jaundice and fever of 103.
I almost fainted. He did an X-ray and there are no skeletons. He wasn’t sure if she is pregnant. They immediately started an IV with high dose antibiotics and he gave her some medicine to help with her pain and to calm her. They started blood work. I had to wait. In the mean time he said they’d do an ultrasound to see if there were kittens. At this point I got to see her. She was afraid. I asked for a blanket for her. She doesn’t like to be cold and loves her blanket. I loved her and told her she had nothing to fear and God was with her. I believe in prayer and I immediately started praying and had friends praying. Her blood work came in and her doctor said her panels weren’t too bad but her platelets were down. He seemed a little encouraged. They said they’d call with the ultrasound results and I had to leave her. Her doctor called and said the ultrasound revealed kittens and she’s 45 days into this pregnancy. He also said this could be contributing to all of her issues. He also said there could be a dead kitten contributing to all of her issues. He said if her fever went down by this morning he’d do a hysterectomy to remove everything to relieve her body. He sounded encouraging when he spoke with me and said he’d call me this morning. If you believe in prayer , would you please pray with me that my baby, Cinnamon will be okay? I love her so much. Thank you all for your concern! I have found new friends! God bless you all today with love, peace, joy and grace.

KitKat<3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is Cinnamon looking a little disgusted . My grandson was at our house and she’s not too sure about him yet.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds to me like your cat had an infection. Poor kitty! You did the right thing in getting her to the vet quickly. Hopefully she will pull through just fine.

How are things going today? Please update us when you can.

K KitKat<3

KitKat<3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds to me like your cat had an infection. Poor kitty! You did the right thing in getting her to the vet quickly. Hopefully she will pull through just fine.

How are things going today? Please update us when you can.

K KitKat<3
Yes! I forgot that! He did say she probably has an infection. Thank you!

KitKat<3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have good news!!! Dr. Mullins just called. Cinnamon is better!!!!! Her fever is down and she’s not as jaundiced. He’ll do a hysterectomy so she can start healing. He said she wouldn’t survive the pregnancy. He’ll call me early afternoon. I’ll keep everyone updated. God is so good!!! Praise His holy name!!!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They were at day 45 according to the doc, but she had contractions you say. So it seems she was on good way to abort them. Possibly also had convulsions.

I mean, if the hysterectomy bothers you or anyone else - nay, the nature and herself were already going to get rid of the foetuses. Whatever the reason, it had already happened, ending and abortion of the pregnacy.
Lets rejoice her life and health is saved. :)

KitKat<3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! Yes! I am struggling with the hysterectomy. I am so sad but I am thankful Cinnamon has a chance at life. She was thrown out of a car beside my driveway. Her paw pads were cut up. She was so frightened. God sent her to me and I’m so thankful.

KitKat<3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And yes, she was clearly having a miscarriage. Her contractions were not stopping. She was in distress along with fever and bring jaundiced.

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope Cinnamon comes through the surgery well and heals quickly. She needs to come home to torture your grandson.

KitKat<3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for making me laugh. Cinnamon crossed the rainbow bridge today. She made it through her surgery but stopped breathing and her doctor couldn’t revive her. I am so sad. He said she had something more sinister going on. Her babies were jaundiced too. I believe Jesus makes all things new and I’ll see her again. She’s waiting on me.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Im deeply sorry. I truly am. RIP Cinnamon.

You will perhaps meet her again already in this life. Or rather, she may send you a successor, someone else to care for and to take care of you and your family.

Do keep your eyes open.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry. Reading this, I was hoping for a good outcome. So, so sorry. But remember, you gave a discarded kitty a good and loving home. You were her savior. :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.