Cinnamon and Diarrhea

Kgraham1511

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wondering if anyone has had problems with cinnamon scent and diarrhea.

We bought a rather large broom made of either cinnamon sticks or scented with cinnamon. We put it in our house for the good smell. The broom was way up high where the cat couldn't eat it.

After about four days kitty started having diarrhea. His food didn't change, water didn't change or anything else. Just boom diarrhea out of nowhere.

So I am wonderin. Has anyone had problems with cinnamon scented sticks causing diarrhea?

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you seen your cat chewing on the bristles, or noticed bristles that look like they've been licked or chewed?
Oops, just re-read and saw it's hung up high. Is there any chance that a bristle or two was licked or chewed on, or fell off the broom while you were hanging it up?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kgraham1511

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nope, I vacuumed after and many times since. I don't think it would cause diarrhea for 4 days though.

I don't really know if it is diarrhea. It is thin and a pudding consistency.

I have also heard in rare cases teething can cause diarrhea.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Teething can, if it's not watery that could be the cause.
It's a long shot, but is there any possibility the food you're feeding him has changed formula?
zed xyzed zed xyzed is correct, most cats hate cinnamon. Too bad, because it smells so pleasant to us.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kgraham1511

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He has been on Nutro Max Chicken Supreme with sauce for about 2 months now. I don't think they changed the formula.

His poop is not watery just thin like ribbon.

I searched about diarrhea while teething but many said diarrhea is not common with teething. And we are on the down slide of teething since he is at 6 months.