Chronic diarrhea for over a year

Margison79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No problem! For the slippery elm bark powder, I just bought the capsules from the vitamin shoppe and would use just a small amount, like maybe 1/8 of the capsule. It’ll thicken up the raw food mix quite a bit. Hope it helps, let me know if you have any other questions!
I will update you for sure. They didn't have the exact brand at petsmart so I bought a small bag of raw in another brand and am ordering the vital essential and elm bark online now.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M Margison79 Slippery Elm is excellent! I use it as well as marshmallow root for similar uses. It is important to know that SE and MR are very soothing because they coat the mucus membranes, including the alimentary tract and lungs; this very same effect can sometimes inhibit the absorption of medications and supplements - therefore, be sure to administer separately antibiotics, probiotics, etc from those mucilaginous herbs. I give the herbs 4-6 hours from probiotics/antibiotics.

Margison79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
M Margison79 Slippery Elm is excellent! I use it as well as marshmallow root for similar uses. It is important to know that SE and MR are very soothing because they coat the mucus membranes, including the alimentary tract and lungs; this very same effect can sometimes inhibit the absorption of medications and supplements - therefore, be sure to administer separately antibiotics, probiotics, etc from those mucilaginous herbs. I give the herbs 4-6 hours from probiotics/antibiotics.
Thank you for the information. I had never heard of slippery elm before.

Margison79

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No problem! For the slippery elm bark powder, I just bought the capsules from the vitamin shoppe and would use just a small amount, like maybe 1/8 of the capsule. It’ll thicken up the raw food mix quite a bit. Hope it helps, let me know if you have any other questions!
I just wanted to give a quick update. I've been using the slippery elm I got at the vitamin shop and the vital essentials freeze dried raw. We made some improvements as their bottoms look much better but diarrhea not gone yet. Still steps in the right direction so I'm trying to remain hopeful. It just may not have been long enough yet. Thank you. :)