Chocolate Point or Seal Point?

schbunny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My new boy Brian. I was told he was a chocolate point, but they look so close to seal I cannot tell. He is only 8 months right now, so any potential darkening would come later.

I find his fur has a sort of honey-hue to it, with a slight dark patches near the hip areas. His cheeks have no color on them as well, and his pads look brown with a very slight pink -tho I can't figure out if I am imagining it. His eyes are a medium blue, but it's hard to tell with the flash.

If anyone could help, please let me know :) I can take more pics if needed!

Last edited:

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yeah he looks like a chocolate point to me :D

The lighter brown on his face means he's a chocolate. A lot of chocolate points I have seen do seem to have the darker seal colour to their nose, ears and tail. But they are still a chocolate point.

His body colour looks fine to me, he looks a bit darker on his back than sides but that's pretty normal in a lot of pointed cats. It's more to do with the temperature of his environment as he was growing up.

Gorgeous boy and I love his name - Brian. :rbheart: It really suits him

He's very photogenic and he's got a huge set of whiskers on him :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

schbunny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you GemsGem, he is the new baby in the house 

And we have Jack who I believe is a long haired cat mixed with a bit of Maine Coon. I have pics of him before and after his shave -we got it done due to have some mats that would just not come out but he LOVES it! It is like a whole new and younger cat.

Last edited:

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yeah I think your right. It's probably still his kitten fluff and his adult coat hasn't come though yet :D

Wow Dexter is one handsome boy ! His face says I'm gorgeous and I know it ! :lol3:
Beautiful blue colour but I am a little biased. Blue cats are my favourite :rbheart:

Jack certainly has some look of a Maine coon about him. I love his new cut :clap:
His he black smoke ? I think I can see some white undercoat peeping though ;)

schbunny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah I think your right. It's probably still his kitten fluff and his adult coat hasn't come though yet

Wow Dexter is one handsome boy ! His face says I'm gorgeous and I know it !

Beautiful blue colour but I am a little biased. Blue cats are my favourite

Jack certainly has some look of a Maine coon about him. I love his new cut

His he black smoke ? I think I can see some white undercoat peeping though
Yes Dexter is certainly a diva haha :) For sure!

Jack has a white undercoat and black top coat, so when he is hairy he is black and when he is shaved he is white 

I love blue cats too, how about your kitties ?

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yes Dexter is certainly a diva haha :) For sure!

Jack has a white undercoat and black top coat, so when he is hairy he is black and when he is shaved he is white :updown:

I love blue cats too, how about your kitties ?
I will PM you. So we don't get told off by the mods for going of topic LOL :lol3:

schbunny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am also open to more views from other people too, if they think Brian is a choccie!