Chirping Sounds?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rei's Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He looks like a little lion lol. I love it! My Rei likes to sit on my shoulder. When driving the top of the seat is her spot. And she's on my knee waiting to get on my shoulder

Attachments

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie always trills ! She does it when she jumps off simething ! Think she gets excited. When we first got her never had a cat before and I never knew cats did such a thing ! I searched for ages on the net trying to work out what it was. I don't think I've ever heard her meow ! Hubby reckons she does at him sometimes however it sounds more like a cry and I rush to see if she's okay when I hear it . It not like a traditional sounding meow .

Mary Nielsen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I think it's trilling that she does. It sounds like the cat in this YouTube video I looked at. Almost like a loud purr for lack of a better explanation lol
I know now what you mean!! Thats the most beautiful sound a cat makes! I can purr like this with cats for hours. They are truly most beautiful creatures :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rei's Mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know now what you mean!! Thats the most beautiful sound a cat makes! I can purr like this with cats for hours. They are truly most beautiful creatures :D
I agree! I usually call her name when she does it but sometimes I'll do it back. cats are so fun

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sound that they make while watching birds is what I call chittering. If you look at their mouths, they are quickly moving it open and closed, just as they would if they caught the prey.

Neither of my cats trill like in the video, but they do both chirp. The trilling in the video, though, was enough for Mingo to come and check it out. It must have meant something to him.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday arnold just missed catching a bird (I would have intervened if he had). As he watched the bird fly away he was making an "acking" sound with his mouth open and not closing, sort of like the cat in the video.

I have no doubt it was out
20160719_100117.jpg
of frustration for missing the bird. I have seen and heard him do this when hunting and missing his prey.