Chipmunks....

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have any idea how to repel or evict chipmunks?

There's a chipmunk that keeps getting into my walls and crawlspace and skittering around. It drives my cats and me nuts. I really don't want to kill him if I can help it but I also don't want him having a family in my crawlspace (inaccessible without tearing up the floor).

I just want to evict him not kill him if it can be helped.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We would get chipmunks in our garage during the winter months. As long as I didn't see them in the house it didn't bother me. Alvin and his friends as I liked to call them would scatter as soon as they heard any noise so you may want to try something that makes a lot of noise. 🐿 I've also heard hot peppers and/or pureed garlic helps You can steep it with hot soapy water and let it cool. Our neighbor has been having a heck of a time with chipmunks and installed wire fencing around the parts of her porch where they are digging under. I've also heard any wood, e.g. mulch can attract them so if you have that by your house you may want to remove it. Good luck!

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You've got to find how they are getting in and close the entrance off with something like squirrel wire. It's like screen wire except heavier weight that squirrels can't chew through and the holes are too small for them to get through. Just be sure the chipmunk is outside when you put it up.