Chip Tooth?

hunter1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys, my 13 year old Bengal cat chipped his back tooth, he doesn't seem to be bothered by it when eating. Should I just take him to the Vet, and get the rest of the tooth pulled, or just let him be? thanks

DeweytheLion

The Biggest Smallest Kitten
Adult Cat
Purraise
You should let him be unless he starts showing signs of pain. He needs his molars! Yay for being so concerned about your kitty :)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
can you see the actual chip? Does he shudder if you run your finger along the gumline where that tooth is? I would have a vet take a peak to make sure it's not going to cause trouble-unfortunately the price of a root canal for a cat is way out of site...hoping it's just the very tip.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hunter1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I found the chipped tooth on the floor, and confirmed that when I brushed his teeth. He's eating his wet food and kibbles just fine. It's a little sensitive though when I brush his teeth where the chip tooth is. Last time I had his teeth cleaned few years ago, cost me $ 500. Ok, I'll just observe him for the meantime, and take him the Vet if needed.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Could you possibly call the vet to explain what happened and ask his/her opinion? That way it's only a phone call and won't cost you anything. The reason I'm saying this is because we've had too many dental problems with 2 different cats. Better to be safe than sorry. :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hunter1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Could you possibly call the vet to explain what happened and ask his/her opinion? That way it's only a phone call and won't cost you anything. The reason I'm saying this is because we've had too many dental problems with 2 different cats. Better to be safe than sorry. :wink:
I was planning to take him to Vet to remove the tooth, but I will consult first, thanks