Chewy's Out Of Tiny Tiger Pate

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I received an e-mail about my upcoming Auto Ship order for 6 units of Tiny Tiger mixed pate - chicken, turkey with giblets, pate. Except it is out of stock. Look online and each individual flavor is also out of stock.

Called Chewy's. Settled on one box of Fancy Feast classic collection (pate, 24 3-oz cans) and two Gourmet Naturals Turkey (12 3-oz cans.) This is an interim substitution until I am notified that the Tiny Tiger is back in stock. Which will mean that auto ship date may need adjustment.

But wait! There's more.

When order e-mail confirmation arrived it included only one of the Gourmet Naturals Turkey. So I called. They are now sending - ready for this? - an additional separate order of one box, 12 3-oz cans of the Gourmet naturals Turkey.

Oy!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for the update/heads up about these supply issues.

On the flip side, they actually have both kibble and canned Hills y/d (for Hyper-thyroid kitties), which has been extremely difficult to obtain this past year.

LadyLondonderry

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Today I received an e-mail about my upcoming Auto Ship order for 6 units of Tiny Tiger mixed pate - chicken, turkey with giblets, pate. Except it is out of stock. Look online and each individual flavor is also out of stock.
I got one of those emails this week, too, about the case of Tiny Tiger turkey with giblets that's part of my Autoship. Meanwhile, today I received the case of Rawz turkey that I ordered from Hearty Pet. I'm glad I still have some of the Tiny Tiger to mix with the Rawz as I transition Sylvie to it.

Also, Chewy has Tiny Tiger beef pate in stock, so that will be present in the order I'm scheduled to get tomorrow. (Fingers crossed that Sylvie likes it even half as much as she likes the turkey!)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My interim order(s) are supposed to be delivered today. Counting on my fingers - since I use 4.25 cans / day this should be good for 11 days with a can or two extra. By which time let us hope the Tiny Tiger Pate is back in stock. And all I'll have to do is alter the auto-ship date.

Life is never easy.

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Looks like they have the chicken in stock now! But the variety pack and turkey are still out.

FrazzledMumbly

Max's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
Yea, it's been a "choose something else or crouch by your email and pounce the second they're back in stock" situation for a while now. The odds of the variety pack or individual flavors I want being available when autoship kicks in are slim.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The alternative canned cat food arrived yesterday. I lined up half of the new food and a case of Tiny Tiger which totals 48 3-oz cans (2 cases in basement, never get down to "all gone") and arranged this, that, other, something else, etc. Fortunately the boys are eager eater members of the clean plate club and polish their dishes regardless of what is in them.

This morning there's a notification from Chewy's that my Autoship is being prepared! I called. Apparently this is an automatic notification and the Tiny Tiger pate assortment is still out of stock. Say what? So nothing will actually be shipped.

I think we're good for a couple of weeks. Stay tuned for future advisories.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We also feed Tiny Tiger turkey, fortunately it's only a can or two a week so I have enough to get by for a while. I hope they don't raise the price... The price for the Nutro (Perfect Portions) food we feed has gone way up. We wonder if maybe it's (at least in part) because of the avian flu. ⁉

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: The out-of-stock saga continues. I called in today. Tiny Tiger pates are still out of stock. So I wanted to order 4 cases of 24 cans of Fancy Feast classic pate variety pack which has beef, chicken, turkey and giblets. Same flavors as TT, different brand.

HOWEVER: They are limiting purchases to three cases.

Now I'm even more concerned. So what I ended up with was the 3 cases FF variety pack and 1 case each of FF beef pate, chicken pate, turkey with giblets pate. The single flavor cases are $1 more per case.

Have to do my best. Domino and Mr Poe depend on me.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fancy Feast delivered late this afternoon. With FedEx less than perfect packing one box of the 24 cans mixed FF pate had opened. A few cans slid around. Nothing dented. For FedEx, this is good.

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fancy Feast delivered late this afternoon. With FedEx less than perfect packing one box of the 24 cans mixed FF pate had opened. A few cans slid around. Nothing dented. For FedEx, this is good.
I'm guessing you probably don't need any now, but it looks like they have it back in stock? Can I ask how old your cats are that you feed this to? I've been wanting to try it but the phosphorus looks too high for my elder cats. We do have a younger cat (not yet 1 year old), but I'm very well stocked up for him at the moment!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mac and Cats Mac and Cats Domino and Mr Poe are 12 years plus a few months old. They are both very good at cleaning their plates at meal time.

All I can offer vis-a-vis health is that they are reasonably active indoor only cats who are also very good at napping. Shiny coats, bright eyes. Share a deep storage container as a litter pan which needs scooped minimum of two, often three times a day. Never drink water so their meals are enhanced with water. They each had a dental with teeth removed, one in January, other in February. I saw the second cat's blood work chart and vet told me it was excellent.

I used to feed Fancy Feast, then once upon a time, ages ago, Chewy's was out and I switched to Tiny Tiger. Now they're out of TT so we're back to FF.

Mac and Cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mac and Cats Mac and Cats Domino and Mr Poe are 12 years plus a few months old. They are both very good at cleaning their plates at meal time.

All I can offer vis-a-vis health is that they are reasonably active indoor only cats who are also very good at napping. Shiny coats, bright eyes. Share a deep storage container as a litter pan which needs scooped minimum of two, often three times a day. Never drink water so their meals are enhanced with water. They each had a dental with teeth removed, one in January, other in February. I saw the second cat's blood work chart and vet told me it was excellent.

I used to feed Fancy Feast, then once upon a time, ages ago, Chewy's was out and I switched to Tiny Tiger. Now they're out of TT so we're back to FF.
Thank you! I may try it for our younger kitty when I am needing to order food for him. I just ordered a third microchip feeder because two of our elder cats need to be on different diets and they all keep trying to eat each other's food. It's just too much for me to handle after years of doing this with our other cats, who didn't have such major diet restrictions. Thanks for your input!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had an autoship that was out of FF Petites pate chicken flavor. I didn't replace it with anything thinking I could pick something up at the store.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LadyLondonderry LadyLondonderry Thank you for your update. However, having just received 6 X 24 cans of Fancy Feast it will be a while before I order again. By which time who know what will / will not be in stock!