1. Do you have a cat-related question?

Please create an account (it's free!) and post your question in one of our cat care forums. Click here for a tutorial on how to start a new thread in the forums.

No cat question? You're still welcome to join us to talk about cats, share pictures and much more!

Chewy.com Customer Service

Discussion in 'Cat Nutrition' started by destinyz12, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:11 AM.

1. destinyz12

destinyz12 TCS Member Adult Cat

Sep 5, 2016
    Long Island, NY
    I just wanted to share how amazing Chewy.com is, besides the fact that they have great prices and fast shipping. One of my friends had ordered cases of food for her cat, but then her cat passed away the day after the food arrived. She contacted chewy and explained the situation, and they gave her a full refund, suggested that she donate the food to a shelter in her cats name, and a few days later she received a bouquet of flowers and a card in the mail from 1-800 Flowers..turns out Chewy.com sent them to her to express their condolences on her loss! I have even more respect for them now.

maddies momma and kieka purraised this.
  2. silverpersian

silverpersian TCS Member Alpha Cat

Dec 16, 2013
    Midwest - US
    Wow! Thank you for sharing this story. You just found them at least one new customer.

destinyz12 purraised this.
  3. kieka

kieka TCS Member Super Cat

I ordered some food from them and my cats hated it. They did similar with me of immediately issuing a refund and telling me to donate the food to a charity. No questions, no mess, no fuss.

Love their customer service. If only they carried my cats main food.

4. Gizmobius

Gizmobius TCS Member Kitten

Dec 4, 2016
    Michigan
    Love love love Chewy. They refunded me for a case of food that didn't agree with my cat and also sent me a free replacement of some ear wipes that had been damaged in shipping. I hadn't even asked for a replacement, I had just emailed them a suggestion to maybe wrap up any future wipes they sent in bubble wrap to protect them during shipping!

5. missmimz

missmimz TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 11, 2015
    Arizona
    Probably going downhill after the PetSmart buy out.

lisamarie12 purraised this.
  6. mizzely

mizzely TCS Member Young Cat

Feb 17, 2017
    Michigan
    I'm also worried about the merger, though it still has to be approved by the government. I did see this though:

Screenshot_20170421-174925.png

So I'm going to just hope for the best. Chewy has been really good to me and even refunded my money without returning the product when I simply changed my mind about a food I purchased. I always get a live person when I call, too!

7. lisamarie12

lisamarie12 TCS Member Super Cat

Nov 17, 2014
    $3.3 billion PetSmart paid for Chewy, apparently Chewy was not making a profit. Don't doubt that Chewy's prices will not increase, it's just a matter of time.