Chewing on metal chair?

pawpurrints

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So my girl, Jack, is a year old now.  Lately, she's taken to chewing on this metal chair I have.  She's actually trying to gnaw the metal frame.  Should I worry?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This may sound strange :lol3:, but my cats have been known to gnaw on metal decorations that I have. A table with a decorative metal flower around the base. Hopefully, your Jack is not breaking off any metal pieces which would not be good, at all. You can apply Bitter Apple ( dabber applicator ) and see if this works It worked for my metal decorative table. Silly kitties... the things they like to gnaw on!!!

I found that if I put a few cardboard boxes around the house, which they love to play in, it helps to keep their chewing directed on those. Jack is still a kitten and this is a common issue for a one year old. :nod:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pawpurrints

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's not getting chipped or anything.  Just found it worrisome if her tooth gets chipped :)

My cats actually like bitter apple  
 lol  They do like to chew boxes.  We shop at costco a lot so they like to play and chew up the boxes from the stuff we buy until they;re recycled.