Check This Bone Structure!

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I would use the one above if I were you, it's brilliant. Robert Sijka wouldn't turn Alaska away I'm sure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I would use the one above if I were you, it's brilliant. Robert Sijka wouldn't turn Alaska away I'm sure.
Yeah, I went for the face shot but maybe the one above would be better. I will take your advice. I would love to get Alaska in on a Maine Coon photoshoot someday. My husband was dismayed to learn that showing isn't a profitable hobby, but it's one I want to pursue.

I always coveted his father, but I believe Alaska will become even more beautiful and even better by the breed standard. Here's a photo of him.

FB_IMG_1504467950534.jpg
FB_IMG_1504467891104.jpg

Am I correct in my somewhat-educated analysis that, while (I forgot his breeder's name)'s Snowy White Knight is most certainly no slouch, Alaska's cheekbones, muzzle, and especially his earset are better. He may even surpass his father.

What does he weigh at the moment?
My scale is bad, usually half a pound off compared to the vet's scales, so around 6lb, 8-9oz.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My goodness that second photo!!! He's simply awesome and looks like aristocracy, which of course he is. I would use that one but the one you have now is also beautiful. Maybe you could change them now and again. I'm on my second pic.
I like him so much I have to compare him to the one photographed by Sijka. You are soooo lucky. I'm also forgetting that he's just a tot as yet so just imagine, like you said, what he will mature into.
I think you should have a professional photograph him when he's a bit older maybe and he will look as good as this easily.

maine-coon-cat-photography-robert-sijka-66-57ad8f2fc1a1a__880.jpg

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Got a new bedspread for Christmas. I was going to take a photo to send to my mother, and of course, Alaska ran to the camera and plopped down to be the star of the shot, but it came out a great picture showcasing both; no bedspread is complete without a cat on it, after all!

He's four months old and seven pounds now. He's going to be a very big boy.

Last edited:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got a new bedspread for Christmas. I was going to take a photo to send to my mother, and of course, Alaska ran to the camera and plopped down to be the star of the shot, but it came out a great picture showcasing both; no bedspread is complete without a cat on it, after all!

He's four months old and seven pounds now. He's going to be a very big boy.
He is a very beautiful boy.

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is a very beautiful boy.
Thank you! He came from Michigan's ArtCityClaws, for whom I plan on writing a review when I've had him a little longer, just to ensure no health problems arise, and because I may change my contract to let me breed him, because honestly, I think not to pass on those looks would be a travesty.