cheap but healthier cat food recommendations

SunshineKitten00

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I want to ask you recommendations for budget friendly cat food? Kitten is currently eating a dry food called Kitchen Flavor (I think only available in asian countries). I want to upgrade her food without suffering too much damage to my wallet. So please drop down your recommendations. I think bigger companies would be available here in my country compared to smaller company brands.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Purina has done a study on their one cat food for extending life Purina Pro Plan Prime Plus 7+. After, they changed many of their recipes to be closer to this.

I am using Iams.

Though, I'm also not sure if there's any Asian-countries exclusive brands that are also great quality.

I only use foods that contain no peas or legumes.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can you get Weruva? Or Blue Wilderness--it might be called just Blue. Also, there's a good brand called Halo.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's hard to say without knowing what is available where you live or how good or bad Kitchen Flavor food is to be able to suggest something better, however this site Unbiased Cat Food Brands Reviews (A-Z) In 2024 With Ratings - Cats.com might help give you an idea of how good each brand is so you can compare the brands you have where you live. There are even links near the bottom of the home page for the best foods in a few other countries including some Asian countries like China, India, and Singapore.

Also I know dry is much cheaper but wet food is better for cats then dry, if possible even if you can only add some wet food to the diet it's better then feeding only dry food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SunshineKitten00

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys, I tried to search for all of the ones you mentioned and can only find purina pro plan and iams. Sadly they only import weruva pumpkin puree and blue wellness treats (they don’t import halo at all).

May I know exactly which pruina proplan/iams you use?

Thank you also for the link. I will be doing my research for the food that are available here.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you guys, I tried to search for all of the ones you mentioned and can only find purina pro plan and iams. Sadly they only import weruva pumpkin puree and blue wellness treats (they don’t import halo at all).

May I know exactly which pruina proplan/iams you use?

Thank you also for the link. I will be doing my research for the food that are available here.
I use Iams urinary as a preventative for my boys. It's also the only dry food Magnus will eat eagerly. He went awhile without eating any dry food after his food allergy to beef developed.

Before that, he liked the Purina urinary formula (the store one not the prescription) as that's what our senior cat was eating. Magnus and Calcifer also enjoyed the one bag of Purina kitten they got before they added beef fat as an ingredient. The urinary formula was the last in my area to change over to having beef fat so they ate that for about a year.

What's in My Cat's Food?: Designer Diets, Grain Free Diets | VCA | VCA Canada Animal Hospitals