Chartreux kittens

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
how much does the chartreux kittens sell for?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pricing can vary between breeders, search for breeders many list their prices on the website or you can contact them and ask.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are not common cats and it would depend on if the kitten was a pet or show quality and what the background was (champion/grand ch), etc. I'm guessing about $600/700 or so for a pet quality. This would include all shots and neutered/spayed before you get it.

Are you breeding or are you looking to buy one?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just want one for a pet. I'm not a breeder. I think they are beautiful. I know they are a fairly new breed.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Everything I've found on them says that they are fairly new. But whether they are or not doesn't really matter. I'd probably go with a kitten because i've had more success with my other cats as well as the new one accepting each other.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by cslenker

Everything I've found on them says that they are fairly new. But whether they are or not doesn't really matter. I'd probably go with a kitten because i've had more success with my other cats as well as the new one accepting each other.
Where are you located? I think maybe they're fairly new to the U.S. but have been around Europe for a long time.

cslenker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Chartreux were first imported to the US in the 1970s, and since then, the US is known to have some of the purest breeding lines of Chartreux.
Maybe this is where i was getting that they were fairly new.