Charlie and Thomas

gapeach

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Left at the shelter while no one was there. They had just opened their eyes. These two from their litter of five, have passed. Thomas died in my arms the day after we got them. Charlie made it until 6 weeks old, but he never got much bigger, only woke up long enough to eat and wet his bedding continually. I tried my best for you guys, it just wasn't enough. Keep each other company at the Rainbow bridge, have fun playing until we see you again. Thomas is the the black one

Last edited by a moderator:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What sweet angels! My heart goes out to those sweet babies and to the people who tried to save them, there is a special place for people like you who are so kind to the helpless. The heartless person who left kittens that young to an almost certain death should be ridden with guilt. Why couldn't they have waited a few weeks? If the mother had died I'm sure they would have gone through the normal steps of bringing them in. I'm glad they knew a little love and warmth in their incredibly short lives, thank you again.

Charlie and Thomas, may you find peace and love in the heavens, your innocence earned you your wings, RIP sweet babies!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gapeach

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you both for your kind words. I still have three in their litter who I'm taking care of.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What sweet, innocent babies.  How could anyone just leave them like that?  Bless you for taking care of them and the others in the litter.  I am so sorry for your loss.  

caralian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awww, I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure it's very hard to lose them after trying so hard.. But you did the best you could.

They are adorable.

How is the rest of the litter doing?

gapeach

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much. It is very hard to lose them. It was especially hard to just find Charlie dead. I wish I would have been there. The remaining three are doing well. We are still battling coccidea, diarrhea is bad when they have just formula, better when they eat their canned food. They are on albon, to be checked again this coming Monday. We also have ringworm. Levi and Gypsy only have a few small spots left. Where Ranger, now the smallest has three larger spots. I have several myself. Have been wiping the area with Apple cider vinegar diluted and applying antifungal cream. Fostering is definitely a labor of love!

Last edited:

gapeach

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you Jcat, yes they did.