Chantilly?

danahan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Since I got my cat through a local kennel two years ago, her papers have her labeled as a domestic short-haired. But she has the physical appearance and demeanor of a Chantilly. Her coat and mane is black, with brown undertones. She acts more like a dog than a cat, playing fetch with her toy mice and following me around like a puppy -- she absolutely hates being alone. She has more of a chirp than a full-blow meow. Despite my suspicions that she might be a Chantilly, my friend who regularly attends cat shows insists that she might be a long-haired Bombay. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I myself wouldnt call her for shorthaired, sooner medium haired - which genetically speaking, is a subvariation of long haired.   The tail is rather bushy.

Im not even sure what Chantilly is.  Isnt it a very rare breed?   More or less experimetal?   Unless you do have more indicies, like  a chantilly stud was living nearby and he was known to be let outside sometimes....  the statistics will be heavily against chantilly...

Good photos of this beatiful and sweet  black cat - its difficult, I know.

Good luck!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I agree with StefenZ she is a medium/semi longhair. The coat is too long to be a shorthair. :D

She is indeed very beautiful ;) both the Chantilly/Tiffany and Bombay breeds are both really very, very rare. So the chance of your girl being either of these breeds it very highly unlikely.

She makes a good look a like though. :D