Changing cat's name

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have two cats, maybe just give them the same name! Someone will come when you call. :)
When I need a cat for a nail trim or other reason I call all the cats names. Otherwise the clever boogers won’t come! (Except Nick who comes right inside when I call him because I bribe him with lots of treats when he comes inside for me when I’m shaking the treat container.)

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Selene's shelter name was Slate. While she *is* grey, I wanted a nicer-sounding name for her.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The name "Selene" reminds me of the chemical element, selenium.

Selenium is a hard, semi-metallic element that is often a metallic, dark gray color. It is often used in photocopiers because it reacts to light and it is also used in X-ray machines. Selenium is also a micronutrient, necessary for good health.

So, you changed your gray cat's name from "Slate" which is a gray material to "Selene" which is similar to the name of another gray material.

There's your fun fact for the day! ;) ;) ;)

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The name "Selene" reminds me of the chemical element, selenium.

Selenium is a hard, semi-metallic element that is often a metallic, dark gray color. It is often used in photocopiers because it reacts to light and it is also used in X-ray machines. Selenium is also a micronutrient, necessary for good health.

So, you changed your gray cat's name from "Slate" which is a gray material to "Selene" which is similar to the name of another gray material.

There's your fun fact for the day! ;) ;) ;)
:lol:

I actually named her after the ancient Greek personification of the moon. She's several different shades of grey, like the moon.