Changed

mary'scalico

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat lately has become less affectionate toward me. She used to greet me with purrs and head butts but now all she does is bite and scratch me. She used to be so sweet, but lately she just seems to be in her own little world. I've also noticed she doesn't sleep near my fiance and I either. Could it have anything to do with her going in heat? I'm really at a loss at what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If she hasn't been spayed that is more than likely what it is. Is there a reason she hasn't been spayed? Cats going through heat is MISERABLE for everyone...you, them, the neighbors. If possible, get her to the vet to be spayed ASAP, that should help.

annie_belle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Mary,

Hmmm...to have that dramatic of a change in your cats behavior leads me to ask if anything has changed in the cats routine?  Has your schedule changed recently...or is your fiance spending more time with you than before...perhaps making your cat feel confused or displaced?

If no big changes have occurred in your cats life/routine, then I would think it wise to have her checked out by the vet for illness.

I know when I began to become more focused on our garden this spring, it meant that my play schedule was altered with our cat Britches.  Where she had been very playful and had an interest in certain "games", all the sudden when I tried to play them with her, she was not interested.  when I realized how I had changed our normal routine...meaning her normal routine, it all made sense.  To compensate, I found different ways to spend time with her and re-engage with her.

Does any of this sound like it would fit with your "world"?  As far as going into heat, I'm no help there.  All of our cats have always been spayed or neutered from kitten-hood, so I never had to cross that bridge...now when we had goats...that was just plain heartbreaking to hear them "mmmaaaaahhhhhhing"...but then, I digress!

Hopefully we can help you get to the bottom of things...

Until next time...Annie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mary'scalico

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have intended to get her fixed just trying to find somewhere affordable. As for my routine, I'm usually out at work all day. My fiance is usually there with her. I don't ever let her outdoors, she's an indoor cat. Her sudden aggression is confusing, unless it's some kind of cat phase I'm not aware of.

Last edited:

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Check with your local shelter, many offer low cost spay days.