Change In Page Loading Times

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This past weekend I have really had an issue with pages not loading in fully, or taking eons (& eons) to load. The web pages seem hung up on a usual culprit, pinterest ("log.pinterest.com"), but also, the page hangs with "putjs.com" trying to load in.

Has there been an update, or change in the addition of some scripts, to TheCatSite this weekend in particular?

Thank you!

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am having the identical experience here over the same period.......was going to post earlier today, but then saw that my previous report on 'embedding glitch' had not received any acknowledgement, so thought I'd not waste my time.

Here are the two activity messages that appear in sequence and for lengthy periods at the bottom left corner of my screen:
"Waiting for log.pintrest.com..."
"Connecting to putjs.com..."​
While this is happening I can scroll and read down a page...but, (I suppose when everything 'kicks in') the page loads completely, jumping back up to where I had started reading...leaving me to scroll back down looking for the spot I was taken from.

A real nuisance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep.

For me what is frustrating is that while waiting for the page to finish loading "log.pinterest.com" and "putjs.com", the "navTab" at the top of the page usually will not load in and so I am unable to navigate TCS at all while I am waiting...

strike that... if I try scrolling on the page, then the navTab/top navigation shows up. Whew. (hat-tip to white shadow for mentioning the scroll bar)

Last edited:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you, everyone, for the reports. We're looking into this to try and figure out the source of the problem.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FWIW......here's something that might help some other people stop the late loading and the page 'jumping' around. I use the Mozilla browser and the following works for me (and, it's plain, non-tech-nerd language:))

For any new page I open (like coming onto the site or entering a particular forum) as soon as the page appears, I click the X in the top left corner of the screen (where either the refresh symbol or a 'X' appears), the loading stops and I just continue on.

When I click on the 'get updates' button of a thread, then as soon as the page appears on the screen and the "waiting for..." shows up at the bottom corner, , I highlight the url bar and press enter. The page immediately stabilizes on the screen at the point where the new posts start. I then click the X in the top left corner of the screen (where either the refresh symbol or a 'X' appears)......the phoney loading stops and I'm good to go.

It's a couple of extra steps, but it saves me some stress.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Have you tried using Chrome? That's my browser of choice here and to be honest, the site is super fast for me. No loading issues whatsoever.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anne Anne , this morning I just visited the site and voila, ba-da-bing, the pages are loading instantaneously once again. This is great as up until I signed offline for the night last night, I was still getting the "log.pinterest.com" and "putjs.com" page load stall-outs, along with a slow facebook script. So either some tweaking was done, or it has resolved itself after 5 days. Yay! Thanks for your time on this.

-----
( white shadow white shadow , yep, I already was doing the "stop" button to halt page loading --> the "X" button. But your advice might help others who didn't know about this.)

Last edited:

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
white shadow white shadow , I use a mozilla-derived browser too -- maybe the issue was with them? :dunno:
We're good to go now!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Great news! Thanks for the update!

We did run a tiny code fix yesterday, hoping to solve the issue. Looks like it did the trick!