Chances of feral with blue eyes, genetics question

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Monique, in the Pregnant and Kitten forums there is one at this moment, who do has one kitten black with blue eyes.

So possibly not entirely unique.

Im also wondering, can ti be so they are points under all that black??  just speculating, I dont know and didnt read this here thread recently.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
and i wanna ask something about the kittens, will they have white coat and blue eyes too? because i know my Oboon is seeing a cat next door and she got pregnant and have kittens but none of them have white fur and blue eyes but i still don't know if the kittens is Oboon's... I do realise i have to neuter him earlier but in my country neutering is not a priority and my parent said its cruel, so i haven't neutered him, but soon i will persuade them to do it..
Oboon, it depends on what genes they got, what genes Oboon has...

blue eyes are usually recessive, at least, with humans.  So any other color they got from mom should take over...

Yeah, if you arent a breeder,  best to neuter  (and spay).

I was also reluctant to neuter my boys, it felt like they begged not to be neutered by behaving well.

But when they got older, over 18 months, troubles began...  But the troubles all disappeared three days after neutering... And he become a happy, harmonius boy with tail  straigh up... Began play again...

The younger hadnt no real troubles even as grown up, but even he got visibly happier when neutered.

clairekells

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am new here, so hello! i came to this section specifically for ferals.I actually have a feral/stray recovering from neutering in my home right now. He has gorgeous bright blue eyes! He is beige with some lighter patterning & some dark patterning. There are some faint tabby stripes, but he has an unusual swirl or circle pattern on his back. I cannot indicate any type of Siamese breed - he really looks like a regular kitty!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
So many descriptions of beautiful kitties here! Pictures, please! 

Since the original question was about genetic traits of ferals, the thread is relevant here, but I'd love to see more genetics discussion in the breeders forum. Just please keep in mind that we are a pro-neutering community and condemn backyard breeding (i.e. breeding cats outside of a breeding program in a registered cattery).

bemba

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This cat looks very similar to my rescue kitten Argo! Argo is piebald spotted tabby with blue eyes. I've read a lot on genetics and I know it's supposed to be pretty common for piebalds to have blue eyes but honestly I don't think blue eyed piebalds are quite as common as I've heard they are! I've looked online loads and have seen plenty of high white piebalds that do not have blue eyes... I wonder if there is another modifier gene at play with blue eyed piebalds? This is my Argo, he has come a long way from the sickly worm infested, calici virus affected kitten he was when I saved him.

nereka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Both of my kittens have blue eyes (one is an odd-eyed little fellow with a green and a blue one) and they are feral :)