Chance has a bone tumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
in his jaw. 

His prognosis is poor and I will be sending him on to the Bridge tomorrow.  I have had him for about 10 years, he appeared as a feral/stray. He has always been a scardy cat, but will allow petting when he is tucked among his buds sleeping.

A week ago, his face was swollen on the right side and his eye was closed.  The vet lanced an abcess, but the eye was being pushed on.  Upon the follow up, he diagnosed a probably bone tumor as his "cheak" was very hard and his eye was being pushed out of its usual place.  that was yesterday.  Since he still loves his food, we decided to give comfort care with eye ointment and various anti bios and anti inflams just in case it was a deep abcess pushing the bone.

However, today, it seems larger. He still loves his food and crowds around me till I put the dish down.  Right now he and his buddy are curled up sleeping.

But I cannot put him through any more discomfort.  I love him too much.

Please say a prayer for my friend to have a smooth trip and meets up with all his friends who have gone before him.  that is a lot of friends.

He is such a beautiful boy.  So sad he has this diss figuring thing going on.  He is still beautiful though to me. This was taken three years ago.

Thanks for reading.

violet

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How terribly sad. I'm so, so sorry. All I can offer is much love to you and prayers for a peaceful passing for Chance. (((HUGS)))

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
did they do a x ray to make sure its a tumor? my dog had something like that and it was his teeth causing it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not a tooth.  There was no evidence of a root going up.    His face is very hard on that side, it is the bone being pushed outward.  My vet is very thorough and I trust his diagnosis.  We do have him on clavamox just at the outside chance it is an abcess deep in the bone pushing out.  That is a very slim chance.  No x rays were done.  We are giving the Clavamox time to work just in case.

He was the first voice I heard asking to be fed this am. 

I will check him out soon and just go hour by hour I guess.

Thanks for your input.....it all helps with this horrible decision.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Violet.

I appreciate the kind words very much.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Lauren l'm so sorry 

We'll help your little boy cross the Bridge tomorrow don't worry.   It's not an easy choice your having to make, but your making sure Chance has a quality of life by not letting him suffer 

Last edited:

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you very much.  Now my resolve is wavering after seeing him enjoy his breakfast.

I can't go 10 minutes without breaking down.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh what a situation your in  

Could you ask the vets honest advice?
He gave me his honest opinion.  I asked him...."a couple of months?"  he said "prob not that long".  We agreed as long as he was eating and does not seem to be in much if any discomfort, we will keep on.  But the day he goes off his food, will be the day.  But I cannot know for sure if he is in pain.  He does not paw at his face, enjoys his food and I did see him wash yesterday. He and his buddy Hister were curled up sleeping soundly too.

Dr. says he will check him whenever I need him to.  He is a scardy cat and it traumatizes him to get crated though. 

I guess we will go hour to hour today.  The ground is frozen ...digging a grave will be very difficult.  But that is just my problem.  My 1st thoughts are with him. 

Thank you all my friends for listening to me and giving comfort.

God Bless.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :heart3: :heart3: :heart3:

Don't have any words. Chance couldn't be in better hands, and he'll let you know when he's had enough.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chance is still with us.  I just couldn't send him home yet.  He was the voice I heard first coming downstairs and walking into a dark kitchen this am.  I was hoping I would hear it and I did.  He was hungry and gobbled up his breakfast.

He then spent most of the day sleeping with his buddies in their kitty room.  I let them into another room to check on his demeanor. He was poking about, looking at things.  So that made me feel better.He is getting better at taking medicine, getting easier to catch.  I think he realizes I won't hurt him and I let him go quickly.

So, until he tells me otherwise and stops eating, things will go on this way for now.  I am giving him different food than usual.  Things he wouldn't normally get.  He loves it.

Thank you all for your concern.....one day at a time.  It felt good not to be in tears all day today, but they are just behind my eyes.

God Bless.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure he'll let you know when he's had enough.  The tears are bound to be there because it's such a bitter sweet time at the moment  

Keep eating and poking about Chance!!

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone....His was the first voice this am again.....Thank God.  I barely take a breath until I hear it.  He ate very well.  I offer food all day to them every couple of hours I replenish their bowls.

So, the day has started out very good. 

I don't like the weekend looming before us though.  I pray we make it through.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One day at a time is indeed the way to go. It helps you keep your sanity and you are able to enjoy and cherish every moment he is there with you and the other kitties.

:vibes::vibes::vibes: Chance :heart3:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry you're going through this, and definitely can understand taking things one day at a time (we've been doing that with Jamie for a good year now, with a real mix of good days and bad days). As long as Chance is still enjoying life, all you can do is cherish the time you have left with him. :vibes::vibes::vibes: for him.

jmitch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am very happy that he is still wanting to eat and he is telling you he wants to through his voice. I went through this with my Gray Girl so I know what you are going through. Take it day by day and enjoy those days as much as you possibly can.

Hopefully he will recover!

Status
Not open for further replies.