Chains with Good Sales?

thevegancuddler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering if any of you know of any good stores that have sales on chicken thighs. I read someone in a thread was getting them BOGO at her local supermarket, and I thought, man, that sure would cut my costs! Obviously I'm looking for chains, unless any of you happen to live in western or central Mass. Hannaford's, Walmart, Whole Foods, etc.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sam's and Costco (if you have a membership) have bone-in thighs for about $1.00-$1.20 a pound. Walmart has chicken "quarters" (which is the thigh and leg and maybe a little bit of rib area) for about 70-80 cents a pound in a 10-pound bag (prices vary with the market but it seems like $7.49 is the usual price for the bag). I've found that smaller privately-owned supermarkets seem to have the best prices on meat, even if their prices for other things are higher than normal. And, of course, try to find out when they mark short-dated things down and get in before everyone else does! :D

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Do they have Albertson's Grocery Stores in your area?  Last week they had "buy one, get TWO free" on boneless thighs, and even though they were $5.99/lb, with that offer it came out to around $2/lb.  For boneless thighs, around here anyway, that was a good deal.  Especially considering they were marked "no antibiotics, hormones or solutions added".  The last package of flash frozen boneless thighs I bought at Costco  had an 8% sodium solution added, which shocked the heck out of me (didn't notice until AFTER I had already opened the package
)