CFA Show/Edison NJ

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi everyone!

Husband and I went over the the CFA show in Edison NJ today. We've been to it previously but with the pandemic, didn't want to risk being in crowds the past couple of years. With 2 boosters done, we felt this year was probably (fingers crossed) safe enough to go.

The show had a lot less people there than I remember previously. Not a lot of vendors either. I was able to say hello to the breeder of our Maine Coon who was there showing both her MC's and Bengals that she breeds with her son.

Did not go overboard with photos since it's difficult to compose well with people walking in and out of camera view and of course cats not cooperating when you want them to LOL

Both purebreed and domestic cats are shown here, not bothering to title them. Those who know, know. Those who don't feel free to ask! Even I'm not entirely sure about a couple of the purebreed cats; I'm not very well versed at identifying Oriental breeds for instance.

CFA 071622 02.jpg
CFA 071622 03.jpg
CFA 071622 04.jpg
CFA 071622 06.jpg
CFA 071622 07.jpg
CFA 071622 08.jpg
CFA 071622 10.jpg
CFA 071622 11.jpg
CFA 071622 12.jpg
CFA 071622 13.jpg
CFA 071622 15.jpg
CFA 071622.jpg
maine coon cfa.jpg

Attachments

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't been to a cat show but I would like to go one day. It looks like a litter of moggie kittens were there, I really hope that wasn't one of those free kittens or kittens for a few dollars deals.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't been to a cat show but I would like to go one day. It looks like a litter of moggie kittens were there, I really hope that wasn't one of those free kittens or kittens for a few dollars deals.
Goodness no! Local rescues! Lots of domestic cats for regular adoption. You go through the usual paperwork, get approved, etc.
CFA is a big sponsor of domestic cats too.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fun! I went to a cat show sponsored by Fancy Feast when I was in high school. I had fun looking at all the different cat breeds and all the cool cat toys and furniture and supplies. There may have been local rescues there with a few adoptable cats and general info. I lugged home bags full of free Fancy Feast, a new line that came out that time (Primavera?). People were literally swarming the FF booth and grabbing cases of food as soon as the volunteers put out more. That cat show hasn't been back since and there aren't any other local cat shows that I know of.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Goodness no! Local rescues! Lots of domestic cats for regular adoption. You go through the usual paperwork, get approved, etc.
CFA is a big sponsor of domestic cats too.
That's good. Sounds like the same sort of thing as rescues having some of their cats in pet stores. The pet stores aren't selling cats, they just give them visibility to increase their chances of adoption.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We were regulars at the cat show here until the pandemic and they stopped having it. I hope they will bring it back here too. :crossfingers:
Love all your pics, thanks for sharing them with us. :camera:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to go to a couple cat shows a year. I loved to see all the cat breeds and how the judges looked at each. My favorite cat breed was the Abbysinian, so sleek and athletic looking.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
The other thing about the cat shows that amazed me was the temperament of the cats. Even within a certain breed I would bet that not all are up to the crowds, handling and travel.