Certain its a fever coat

kataholic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I got this lil cutie around 2 weeks ago, her name is Sadie and is 11 weeks old, and from what I've researched she has a fever coat, I suppose I'm just seeking validation that I'm right? Lol either way I'm excited to document her transformation, I just love how she looks like a roan color right now

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cats with fever coats usually have dark roots with lighter tips, and often have darker fur on their faces, ears, and lower legs. The first 3 pics match that pretty well. The last pic is curious to me as the roots don't look darker, but maybe it is just coming across that way in the pic due to lighting.

It will be interesting to see the changes she goes through as she ages!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kataholic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cats with fever coats usually have dark roots with lighter tips, and often have darker fur on their faces, ears, and lower legs. The first 3 pics match that pretty well. The last pic is curious to me as the roots don't look darker, but maybe it is just coming across that way in the pic due to lighting.

This is where I'm stumped aswell because that photos the correct color not the lighting (made sure to take accurate photos after a dozen attempts lol) her mum is a dark Tabby scottish fold and her dad's a siamese x so will be a adventure to see how she grows!

kataholic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It certainly looks like a fever coat to me, although I've never seen one in person. You're right about her being a cutie, anyway! I love those big kitteny eyes.
Her older not related sister has amazing eyes too , im a sucker for big eyed, intense cats lol

Attachments

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can agree there. Cleo (in my profile pic) has very expressive big, round eyes. She often looks shocked or scandalised LOL!

kataholic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Update definitely a fever coat look at her now such a huge change lol I officially have my own void, she still has some speckles but they're definitely growing out (ps excuse the floor 😅)

Attachments