Cemetery Stray Kittens’ Weight

Kareywood

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a litter of 4 kittens from a stray cat we took in. They will be 7 weeks old on Monday. We have them in a large dog pen in my home office. My dog, a 75 pound smooth collie, has been allowed to be around my kittens since they were 2 weeks old One of the kittens even likes to lay down next to him! But my dog is very gentle. I also have a 15 year old cat and he too has been around the kittens since they were about 2 weeks old. But I have not yet allowed him to have access to them other than through the dog pen. My older cat is not as easy going as my dog! Good luck with your introductions!
16ABF972-8C4B-4D89-A8F3-5A5C4C70355A.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

StrayMama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is the sweetest picture!! My dog is young, just over 2yrs old, and all puppy. She can be a bit much for humans - let alone tiny kittens. So, I hesitated to introduce them any earlier.

I love that your kittens are so close in age to ours. It’s like we’re walking the same path at the same time. 🙂

StrayMama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A few hours ago, two of the kittens (Darrell and Larry) accidentally ran head first into each other at full speed. Darrell just kept going. Larry stopped, screamed, hissed, shook his head, and moved on. I’m worried about Larry. Tonight when I was with them, he was still running and playing. But the bottom part of his left eyelid looks moist. I rubbed it, but nothing came off. He occasionally squints it and shakes his head. He retreated back to the cat room earlier than the rest to lay down - which is out of the norm for any of them. Could this collision have seriously hurt him?

Also, here are updated pictures at 8 weeks old for your enjoyment.
Black - Myra
Dark Orange - Larry
Black & White - Darrell
Orange & White - Mario

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sounds like his eye is bothering him - like he got knocked or scratched on his eye and it’s swollen a bit and hurts. Hopefully it’s nothing more than that and he’ll be okay. Kittens heal quickly, but watch him. If anything changes in his behavior like lethargy or not walking right, or his eye gets red like infection, get him to a vet pronto.

StrayMama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your replies. I always appreciate it!! He seems fine this morning. His eye doesn’t look wet anymore. He let me check him over and cuddle him. Now, he’s running and playing with the others like usual. I’ll keep a close eye on him. But, so far, so good.