Celery Pets Lollipop Cat Treats?

JAL57

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone. So I saw a product advertised on Instagram that appeared from the ingredients description to be healthy for cats. Only after I bought it did I realize it’s from China. The brand is Celery Pets and the product is called “Lollipop Cat Treats.”

Does anyone have any experience with these? I am now extremely reluctant to feed them to my cats given that there are basically no standards in China. In America there would be penalties for lying about ingredients, but I really don’t trust Chinese authorities to care about cat food quality. Should I just ditch them when they arrive?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I never give my cats (or rabbits) anything that is edible and made in China. As you mention, safety concerns about undisclosed ingredients bot to mention that even if the ingredients list is valid I don't know if the quality of the ingredients is good. Especially with anything with plant material, I have no way of knowing if they used safe growing practices to ensure that the plant ingredients don't have dangerous pesticides or chemicals just from their farming practices. Which is really not me hating on China products as a whole, I've gotten really good products that were made in China and had some great food/snacks shipped over too. It's just when we are talking low cost pet treats or food that I start to worry about the safety because low cost to me definitely can indicate low safety regulations or production cost cutting measures that put health at risk when consuming.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
No reviews,doesn't list ingredients even if it's freeze dried it could have other things in it,no garinteed analysis like most brands have
You could wait for reviews that might be from China! Sorry,expensive. Can you return it?