Celebrating The Holidays With Kitties?

fiorya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I feel like if I haven't already crossed into crazy cat lady territory, this post will bring me across the threshold. :lol:

This year, my family members are all celebrating the Christmas holidays with their other side of their families. So I am free to make my own holiday plans. I was originally hoping to go on a trip, but the funds won't be there after all. Instead, I'd really like to create some fun holiday traditions for me and my kitties. With maybe some cat toys, kitty-friendly decorations, treats, etc.

Do you guys have any ideas for special things I could do with the kitties? Do you have any feline traditions at your house?

One thing that my family has done in the past is give our kitties wrapped gifts and let them tear them open. But I'm hoping to think of other ideas, too.

A little more about what my kitties like... Iris loves walking with a leash. (Maybe I could take her to a park as a surprise? But I'm always afraid of dogs being there.) Both kitties love their catio. Maybe I could find a cat-friendly way to put up Christmas lights in the catio?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I usually just replace toys and let them hang out under the tree. They seem to just like any day where I just hang out, sit quietly or play as the mood strikes them, so I do just that. I haven't had problems with my cats trying to climb the tree, probably because they have easier to climb real trees outside. Link loves just laying under the tree, Rocket likes trying to eat the fake berry decorations for some reason.