CBD Oil in Canada

orangie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Morning All!
I've been doing the back reading on the site about CBD Oil and had a long chat with the vet over the weekend about starting Orange (15 year old Siamese, recent diagnosis with rear hip arthritis) on CBD Oil. We're going to give it a try and then go to Solensia at home injections if this doesn't work for him.

Vet had zero problems with us giving CBD a go alongside the daily Flexadin dosage. The only problem is that, in Manitoba at least, she is unable to prescribe it and because of that can't give dosage recommendations or suggestions for the best place to get the oil in Canada. She did say that most companies that market for pets will have suggestions based on their specific products. So I headed off to the local dispensary, they have plenty of options but most had low % of THC which we obviously want to avoid, and they carried none marketed to pets.

For those of you in Canada - if you are using CBD, where are you ordering from and do you have a brand preference?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!
I've been doing the back reading on the site about CBD Oil and had a long chat with the vet over the weekend about starting Orange (15 year old Siamese, recent diagnosis with rear hip arthritis) on CBD Oil. We're going to give it a try and then go to Solensia at home injections if this doesn't work for him.

Vet had zero problems with us giving CBD a go alongside the daily Flexadin dosage. The only problem is that, in Manitoba at least, she is unable to prescribe it and because of that can't give dosage recommendations or suggestions for the best place to get the oil in Canada. She did say that most companies that market for pets will have suggestions based on their specific products. So I headed off to the local dispensary, they have plenty of options but most had low % of THC which we obviously want to avoid, and they carried none marketed to pets.

For those of you in Canada - if you are using CBD, where are you ordering from and do you have a brand preference?
Not in Canada, myself. I use a full spectrum hemp oil product for my Betty that is not for export.

I found this. It looks good. I like that they are a full spectrum product instead of an isolate. That means all the other beneficial compounds, many of them work synergistically with CBD, including lesser cannabinoids and terpenes are also included in the product instead of simply CBD isolated from everything else. I like that they do lab testing of their oil and present that testing profile on their website. And I like that they have dosing suggestions.

Best CBD Oil For Cats Canada - Full Spectrum Organic Hemp

I really like that they have a section on potential drug interactions. This is a blind spot with many vets. Since they have not felt comfortable prescribing it even after hemp has been made legal, they also don't have much education or training in how it works and what the potential interactions are. If Orange is on other meds besides Flexadin, you may want to review this list with your vet.

CBD Oil Dosage for Pets - Cannaffex

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

orangie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awesome info - thank you. ❤

No other meds, clear bill of health other than the arthritis (and occasional constipation).

We are new to adding hemp/cbd into our household. My only experience was years ago before it was legalized in Canada doctors could prescribe it for pain and my 70 father was on CBD to manage joint pain until he could get replacement surgery. It was so helpful for him I thought it was def worth a try for this situation as well.

Last edited: