Cats Vagina has blood?

ChunkyNaomBaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my cat Baby is three years old. Recently I noticed that she has some dirt or blood on her vagina. She doesn’t seem to be in pain, as she eats well and plays well. I also don’t hear her cry when she goes to the bathroom. She did throw up her dry food this morning, but seems to be fine now. Should I be worried? Funds are really tight right now as I am unemployed, but I’m hopefully going to be hired this week.

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's good; at least it can't be pyometra (uterine infection).

I'd say for now just keep an eye on it and on her behavior. It might just be a bit of urine residue she didn't clean up yet. But if she starts acting odd, not eating, lethargic, etc., or if there's more discharge, then it's time to call the vet.

Muggs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sometimes a bit of blood may come out if she has a UTI. If it’s a UTI, she should be going in and out of the litter box a lot.

spaggs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi,

any updates on this? my cat has the same thing. :(

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
C ChunkyNaomBaby

The OP has not been back for several months, so may or may not see this. If your cat is not spayed, you have to suspect pyometra which is an emergency. If she is, there is a possibility that it is from her bladder. Any odd litter box behavior, crying, frequent trips, licking the area? Most of the time the presence of blood in this area requires a vet visit.