Cat's third eyelid showing.. please help

stewart14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is an adult cat maybe 4-5 yrs old very loving so he did have a home at sometime but none of the neighbors ever had seen him He came right up to me & my husband Not afraid at all Yes he is going to the vet this week with keep you updated!!

catsfriend1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have 6 babies, same litter, four months old now. As far as i can see, only one is showing the third eyelid.  Ive read all the things it could be but money is a big concern right now. Is there anything i can try otc until i get a little extra 'scratch'??  Thanks!

heynorwood

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey I seriously just made an account so I could comment on this. My kitten Kiwi is 7 months old and on her right eye her third eyelid is showing much like the person who made this post. I worked all day yesterday so when I got home she was asleep. It was really weird to see her sleep so much because she is a very active cat. She slept through the night and she didn't even want to be in my room. I noticed her eye was like this yesterday. I got her in August on my dads birthday and she was three months old and the size of my palm. She came from a litter of seven and they all had stuff coming out of their eyes most of their kitte hood. Out of the seven she was the only to survive. We got her fixed in September(I think) and the vet didn't say anything about health problems with her. I want to take her to the vet but I really don't have the money right now. Will this go away? I'm really worried.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She needs antibiotics, possibly oral and eye ointment. Go to the vet.

heynorwood

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So took her to the vet today and they said she has an upper respiratory infection and they gave me her medicin.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you took her in. Hope she's better soon! Make sure to give her the medicine for the full amount of time the doctor recommended.

shinysmom71

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 6 month old Sphynx just finished a round of antibiotics and eye drops and he has both of his 3 rd eyelids are showing a bit and squinting. As far as the lysine goes , how much do you give (dosage) for a 4lb kitten ? Thanks

Tanya Antonenk@oz4ぬこにゃ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
This symptom has special eye drops in Japan.
If you bring a cat to a veterinarian, you can receive medical examination and medication at approximately 5000 JPY.
With eyedrops you can expect cure in 3 weeks to 2 months.
Cats with this symptom should pay attention to cat-cold.