Cat's saliva smells like poo plus allergy medication question

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
After my cat licks my hand or falls asleep on my hand and drools the saliva smells like poo. I'll call and ask the vet about it tomorrow but just wanted to see if anyone has any thoughts. Also he's been on zyrtec for any years but I don't think its working anymore. Does anyone know of other brand that cats can use?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Zyrtec for the water eyes, and black hard crud in his nose. Yes he has, I was wondering if it might be his prednisone liquid medication for his asthma.

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I fallowed through this morning and called the vets. My vet isn't in the office today but the office lady saved the questions for her and she will see them tomorrow.

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Got an email back from the vet, she said most likely the smell is from the chicken flavor liquid medication for his asthma and that I could try brushing his teeth (would like to keep my fingers) or give him greenies so I’m looking into the greenies. Both options in the long run will also help keep his teeth healthy then not.
She also gave me a different allergy medication to see if I can find over the counter. I think I found it sent her a link to make sure and we will see if we can’t get him feeling better with his allergies.
Are cats like humans when it comes to allergy pills when your on one for a long time your body gets use to it? They must right or he wouldn’t need to switch .... sorry brain is talking out loud