Cats paws a little red

Kennethkeen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had to find a reference photo because my demon can never sit still enough for these kinds of photos but I noticed a slight redness on a paw I'm unsure if this is normal, maybe just slight irritation from a carpet burn or from digging nails? Nothing really looks infected and all other paw thumbs looks okay

Screenshot_20221011_235456.jpg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I can't really tell much of anything from that pic, but since it is only one paw - especially if it is a front paw - it might have something to do with digging in litter. Believe it or not, it would appear cats can have a dominant front paw (just like humans are mostly either right or left-handed), so see if this paw is the one s/he uses when in the litter box. If not that, look around for other items in your home to see on what he might be using that one paw more than the others. Also, the same thing could apply if he goes outside.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Just out of curiosity, is your cat walking with any difficulty, favoring the other paw or showing any indication of being in pain? If not you may want to just keep an eye on it and if you notice any change in color or size please contract your vet.

Last edited: