Cats On Azodyl?

brittpatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there,

My baby, Ming, has been on Azodyl for about 2 months to treat her kidney disease. I'm terrified that I'm cursing myself for saying all of this, but the results so far have been really good. Her appetite is incredible, she's gaining weight, she is drinking way less water, way fewer trips to the litter box, but she is a bit more lethargic. Honestly, I think she is just really sick of me - I work from home and are around her all the time. She still loves play time and goes crazy for her string and balls.

I don't want to get too optimistic. I know the best thing would be to take her in to get her levels checked but honestly it's really hard on her to go to the vet and really hard on me to hear bad news. We seem to have some good positive energy going and I want to keep it that way as long as I can.

Has anyone else seen these results from Azodyl?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
I'm not a member with experience in this but I wanted to send my thoughts and prayers to you that things continue so well :)
Maybe @Raven100104 and W wombat will see this and weigh in for you..

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Second hand info here, but from what I here, those that respond to it respond very well. Hoping we here from some of our members with direct info soon!

wombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Brittpatt! I'm sorry I took so long to respond, I only just saw this message. My Oxley has been on Azodyl for 4 years, and he's doing great! The only thing is, if you don't give him the capsule whole and open up the capsule and sprinkle it, you need to put it in a fatty substance so the Azodyl doesn't get destroyed by your cat's stomach acid. I sprinkle the Azodyl on fish oil and let him lick it off my finger ( be very careful that he doesn't choke or inhale on the oil). Also, the Azodyl must be given on an empty stomach, and at least 2 hour after food.