Cat’s Nose Scratched

nujay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Manx boy Atticus got scratched on the nose by his sister Molly Joan. His nose is not infected or anything. However, Atticus hugs everything, all the time. So, his nose isn’t healing completely before he hugs something and makes the scratch open again. It isn’t bleeding but it is red (he has a black nose). It is dry and doesn’t seem to bother him. He won’t keep a cone of shame on. Any ideas?

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know how you stop him from rubbing up against everything. (They do have inflatable cones that he might tolerate more than the old standard cone of shame.)

However, you could buy some chamomile tea bags - standard grocery store type, not English, and no additives - brew them in water, cool the liquid, and then dab it on his nose a few times a day. The tea has both soothing and healing properties. So, it could help with any itchiness he might have while healing (and help reduce the frequency of rubbing his nose against things) and also help it to heal quicker.

Just keep an eye on it closely for infection - as that is going to require a vet visit and probably some antibiotics.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, I was JUST going to suggest the tea! Be sure to use the bags from the store, because those are ALL German chamomile. The English variety that grows in lots of gardens is actually toxic to cats. German is not.