Cats nose and paw pads are way pinker than usual.

ChunkyNaomBaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my cat Naom started having really bad diarrhea 5 days ago. I took him to the vet 3 days ago. He was prescribed sucralfate and metronidazole. When he started these I noticed that his nose and paw pads became much more pink then usual. Is this something I should be worried about? He is eating and playing like normal, but he still has diarrhea(it has gotten a little bit better tho). Here is a picture of his nose:
434DCDC0-195A-429F-AA8E-404233AFD6BB.jpeg

You can’t really tell on the picture but his nose is like 4 shades more pink than it usually is. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably running a bit of a temperature with whats affecting him and causing the diarrhea plus maybe the drugs.
If he is happy and appears healthy I wouldn't worry about it...the body naturally raises temps to fight infections.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah, I'm thinking that this is fever-related, as well. The antibiotic should kick in pretty soon. As with humans, it takes about 3 days to reach therapeutic levels in the body. If it is still very pink on Monday, why not give your vet a call and double check with him, just to ease your mind?

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am new to the world of "pinkies" so this thread is interesting to me. I will definitely keep any eye on their noses and beans to note any color changes. Never really had to worry about that with dark colored ones.

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
am new to the world of "pinkies" so this thread is interesting to me. I will definitely keep any eye on their noses and beans to note any color changes. Never really had to worry about that with dark colored ones.
Lifting their lips and checking their gums is what you actually do, so if they have black beans or noses it doesn't matter.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lifting their lips and checking their gums is what you actually do, so if they have black beans or noses it doesn't matter.
I thought the gums showed whether they were anemic not whether they had a fever. :confused2: Pale gums meant they could have internal bleeding. How do gums look when they have a fever??