Cats missing

Ritamarie217

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is 8 almost 9months old he’s been missing 3 days I’m going crazy. Does anyone think he will come home?

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughters indoor cat went missing for a week when he got out accidentally. He was spotted from the bedroom window on top of a neighbour's shed. So there's a good chance he will show up. Talk to neighbour's call local shelters and rescue groups. Put posters up. Good luck.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Is your cat indoor/outdoor? Makes a difference, as indoor only cats generally are afraid outside and hide. So, definitely tell your neighbors - they could have hiding spots in their backyards where they might find your cat. Make up and give posters to the rescue centers/shelters and vet offices in your area, and check back often (squeaky wheel get the oil). If she is chipped, let all of them know that as well. Affix these posters in areas around your home/neighborhood too. And, use Facebook, Next Door Neighbor, Lost/Found cat sites to post information about her.

Place towels/blankets with her scent - and/or yours - on them outside - perhaps on a porch or near a door. You can do the same with her litter box. Go out often with a bag/can of food/treats and shake it while calling her name; stay a while in order to allow her to hear you and decide she wants to come to you. You can also walk the area with the food/treats while calling her, but stay a bit each area you go to in order to give her time to get to you.

There may be more ideas/tips in this article: Help! My Cat Is Lost! – Cat Articles

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is your cat neutered? I noticed you said "he," and if he isn't, he may be just out tom-catting around. Regardless, cats are very clever, and there's an excellent chance he will come home. The best times to look for him are at dawn and at dusk. Carry a flashlight with you, because many cats have been found when their little eyes light up from a flashlight beam! An indoor cat will usually hide very near their home, almost always in a small, dark spot, but don't forget to look UP, as well! A neighborhood dog might have sent your cat climbing, and for cats, going up is MUCH easier than coming down!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ritamarie217

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My daughters indoor cat went missing for a week when he got out accidentally. He was spotted from the bedroom window on top of a neighbour's shed. So there's a good chance he will show up. Talk to neighbour's call local shelters and rescue groups. Put posters up. Good luck.
I’ve done all that just waiting . Thank you

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Check back with local shelters frequently. They are manned by volunteers, and are almost always short-handed and over-worked. Doesn't hurt a thing to check in once or twice a week!