Cats in the flowerbeds

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There are one or two neighborhood cats that like to use my flowerbed for a toilet. Omg the smell. I can't deal. How do I keep them out? Has anyone here successfully been able to do this. So far I only put cinnamon in the beds. That doesn't work and washes away anyway. It makes me nervous to even work in my beds anymore. Gross!

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bury orange peels in the soil, spray white vinegar around the area, Spread coffee grounds over the soil, and there are various cat/ dog repellents you can buy.
But remove as much of the smelly stuff as you can before you treat the area...if it smells like a toilet it will be used as one.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Put big stones where they go or old plastic water bottles half filled to keep them in place. Once the habit is broken and they have found somewhere else to go you can remove them.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would put larger stones on the ground. If they persist put chicken wire down, with stones on top.

Or get a motion activated sprinkler to scare away the community cats. No reason to stress your cat with invaders at the front gates!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SukiSuki

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank yall!!! Great info!! I actually really like our neighborhood cats but don't want them using my beds as a toilet haha!!