Cats Impersonating Bobcats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

donnae

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
donnae donnae - Although the Lone Star tick is the primary vector for the protozoan which causes Feline Cytauxzoonosis, there's a recent U. of Illinois Vet School study which showed the American Dog Tick as a strong secondary vector, and there are several open studies (Missouri Vet and U. C. Davis) which suggest that the Black Legged Deer Tick might likewise be a vector - in addition to their reputation with Lyme Disease.
We have the black legged deer ticks here in NY? Pretty sure that's what bit myself and my son. Hershey has gotten bit by brown deer ticks too.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As a lynx point with lynx tips, Hex is always impersonating a lynx! Here are some of his most lynx-like photos, one from all the way back when he was a baby. That's not me holding him that way, so don't look at me lol.

This is his most lynx-like photo imo. Just look at that big head!

FB_IMG_1511980340768.jpg

Here's him chilling in a box, but even in such a domesticated scene, you can still see the lynxishness here.

FB_IMG_1511980384283.jpg

And here's baby Hex. Again, it wasn't me holding him in this pic. But even here, he looked like a baby lynx. I had no idea what a majestic creature he'd grow into, though.

FB_IMG_1511980367051.jpg

Attachments