Cats have no family feelings, father beats son...

Status
Not open for further replies.

motif

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I mean no family and marital feeling
My old female cat had an affair one night with neighbor's cat and we got beautiful all black twins. First few weeks mother took great care for her kids, lying besides them whole day and night. She stopped to tolerate neighbor's cat completely hisses at him whenever he appertain around our house. What a marriage?

After month or two don't remember exactly she stopped taking care for kids either and hissed at them too anytime they wanted to suck milk. What a mother?
Soon after we gave the female twin to our friend keeping the boy.
Now instead of sleeping with his mother he is sleeping with us.

Now my little fellow when got older likes to go out very much
and he was doing so until last night. He came back completely wet and dirty
and next morning started to growl when I wanted to let him go out as usually.
When his father appeared behind the window he started to growl and hiss even louder backing from the window. Obviously he got beat up from his father and now it's third day he doesn't want to go out

what can I do? beat up the father as well

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have some pretty unreasonable expectations for cats. They are not a social animal like humans or dogs are. It simply doesn't serve in their evolution to be so.

A mother cat that raises her kittens will know they're her offspring, but only because she gave birth to them. Male cats don't have that guarantee, nor do they take part in rearing offspring. To them their kitten is just another cat, and a strange cat in their territory at that.
At some point, with many mother cats and offspring, nature will take over and they will have the urge to drive their young away from them. This is natures way to help prevent inbreeding and cats are very much animals of instinct.

But do you know what helps prevent these problems? Spay and neutering your cats. You can question intelligence of animals around you all you want, but what about questioning your own when you know they should not be left to run loose and unaltered?

Catch the father cat and neuter him to decrease his urge to fight, as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

motif

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

But do you know what helps prevent these problems? Spay and neutering your cats.
would you like somebody did that to you? I don't maim my friends.

Originally Posted by strange_wings

You can question intelligence of animals around you all you want, but what about questioning your own when you know they should not be left to run loose and unaltered?
well, as I stated on human forum animals are more intelligent then humans
so I go along with myself here. Based on history and what I see and hear in everyday's life there is no question about it that human are stupid.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by motif

would you like somebody did that to you? I don't maim my friends.
No, but cats aren't people, aren't likely to wear tiny kitty condoms, and it sure beats the damage to the environment and suffering of strays and ultimately euthanization of so many animals every year due to out of control overpopulation.

Simply reducing the number of kittens through birth control seems a lot more humane to me.

Besides, unspayed/neutered cats generally make for horrible indoor pets, and to help protect the native wildlife and my own cats from dogs, feral tomcats, mean people, cars, poisons, predation, and feline diseases believe in indoor only cats myself.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I mean no family and marital feeling
My old female cat had an affair one night with neighbor's cat and we got beautiful all black twins. First few weeks mother took great care for her kids, lying besides them whole day and night. She stopped to tolerate neighbor's cat completely hisses at him whenever he appertain around our house. What a marriage?

After month or two don't remember exactly she stopped taking care for kids either and hissed at them too anytime they wanted to suck milk. What a mother?
Soon after we gave the female twin to our friend keeping the boy.
Now instead of sleeping with his mother he is sleeping with us.

Now my little fellow when got older likes to go out very much
and he was doing so until last night. He came back completely wet and dirty
and next morning started to growl when I wanted to let him go out as usually.
When his father appeared behind the window he started to growl and hiss even louder backing from the window. Obviously he got beat up from his father and now it's third day he doesn't want to go out

what can I do? beat up the father as well
Your statement about "maiming" is strange....since it is alright with you if they maim eachother.

Responsible cat owners spay and neuter. When cats fight, they get abcesses. Then they need a vet. Do your animals have a vet, do they get regular care?

Frankly, your thoughts on spay and neuter are antiquated. They do not hold true in the 21st century. I feel sorry for your animals. And if you are their friend, have them spayed and neutered.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

would you like somebody did that to you?
Actually, I would. But it has nothing to do with this.

A reminder of forums rules:
2. Please make sure to spay and neuter your cats. Unless you are a professional breeder and your cat is part of a professional breeding program, please educate yourself to the importance of spaying and neutering by the time your cat is 4-6 months old. If you take care of a feral colony, please make sure to do so responsibly by practicing TNR (Trap, Neuter, Release) protocols within the colony. By spaying and neutering, you enhance a cat's quality of life and improve their longterm health. You are also proving your love for cats because in acting as a responsible pet owner/caregiver you are minimizing the problem of cat overpopulation.
Have your mother and son cats already had kittens together? When living in the wild, mother cats wean and chase away their offspring when the kittens are around 14-16 weeks old to prevent inbreeding as s_w mentioned already. My stud is very eager to try and make some kittens with his son...

motif

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

I feel sorry for your animals.
actually "my" animals are very happy, they live like in wild, almost.
They enjoy sun and rain as well as some fighting, it's cat's thing

They come back in the evening to purr and have some time with me at the fire place.

I don't need a pets and coach potatoes kinda animal...
I could by teddy bear instead.

oobies

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I spent 6 month voulenteering at an animal shelter a few years ago (had to stop because I moved away), this was during 'kitten season'
I lost count of the amount of kittens they put to sleep during that time, all because people could not find homes for them.
And the amount of feral cats and kittens, kittens brought in sick, all put to sleep, because people had not spayed/neutered their cats before they had the chance to breed.
Feral cats are often a product of unwanted kittens/cats dumped when people cannot find homes for them.

What will you do if your cat has kittens that you cannot keep or find homes for? Take them to a shelter where they could get put down? Dump them in the wild where they will either die or become feral, have kittens of their own, kill native wild life?

What will you do if either your cats get an STD? Or cancer of the uterus/testicles? Or anything else that can be prevented with by spaying or neutering? Can you afford to put them through treament? Can you stand to see them suffer through treatment? Or will you just put them to sleep?

Spaying and neutering prevents all this: STDs, certain cancers and infections, and of course, unwanted kittens. Not to mention finacial burden that can come with all these things.

It is not 'maiming' your friend, it is helping them to live a better, happier and healthier life.

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm all for spay and neuter, but that is a forum suggestion, not a rule against posting anything contrary... and I would think that even staunch proponents would object to draconian censorship policies for anyone with a differing opinion and I'd think would prefer to simply have a calm rational discussion weighing the pros and cons of any animal welfare decision.

To be devil's advocate, there are downsides to spays and neuters: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutering. It is unnecessary elective surgery which always carries risks, it is mutilation of healthy tissue, it increases some types of cancers, it results in decreased muscle mass and propensity towards fat gain, and there are other very well documented side-effects of removing sex organs in mammals (from dogs, to livestock, to most thoroughly known in humans treated w/ HRT). It is up to the caretaker to weigh the pros and cons and make a personal decision accordingly.

There are also alternatives to neutering, such as vasectomies which can be performed scalpeless with current procedures, and is considered less invasive micro-surgery.

The pros heavily outweigh the cons though IMO. From a behavioral standpoint, toms are more prone to escape and violent behavior towards other cats as well as spray. They have more odoriferous urine. Some types of cancer and tumors are reduced. In females, heat cycles are stressful on not only the owners but the body as especially are having a litter which can result in many complications. It helps to stop the spread of feline AIDS and other communicable diseases. The most obvious pro is that it is a low risk routine procedure that helps to get a handle on the out of control feline overpopulation problem. One of the lower reliable estimates is from the humane society, that states 3-4 million cats every year are euthanized due to overpopulation: http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/...estimates.html There are simply more cats than there are homes and feline predators than the environment can support w/o further damage to the ecosystem. Neutering and spaying your pet, keeping it indoors, and TNR programs are thus highly beneficial for human, feline, and wildlife welfare. Without action even a single pair of cats and their kittens can potentially produce as many as 420,000 kittens in just 7 years. Put plainly, if you don't take responsibility for your cats reproduction, you are indirectly killing cats and native wildlife.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

actually "my" animals are very happy, they live like in wild, almost.
They enjoy sun and rain as well as some fighting, it's cat's thing

They come back in the evening to purr and have some time with me at the fire place.

I don't need a pets and coach potatoes kinda animal...
I could by teddy bear instead.
Cats are domestic animals....are not meant to live in the wild. I have had cats that enjoy sun and rain too. My cats are playful, fun, happy, Healthy, and safe.

I think your argument sounds like an excuse to avoid taking proper care of them.

motif

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

Cats are domestic animals....are not meant to live in the wild.
cats are domestic??? come on...

tell this to my cat...

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You and your neighbors feed panthers that roam your neighborhood? Which town is this, so I remember not to get out of my car...

violet

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Arlyn
I'm seriously beginning to wonder if this is a troll.
I've been wondering for some time and was just about to post this thought when I saw your post. In any case, as a precaution LOL, until we find out otherwise, we should stop feeding it.

sarathan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

cats are domestic??? come on...

tell this to my cat...
Is this your pet?? If so, please let me know where you live so I can avoid your neighborhood like the plague, lol.

motif

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I see some of here don't have sense of humor, never mind
but that's strange because cats can be very funny and have great sense of humor.

Whether you like it or not I'm against spaying and neutering animals unless there is some epidemic uncontrolled grow. My wife did that our old cat after
she gave a birth when I was abroad and I can tell only this - this cat is completely different now in a bad way. If you study some medicine you'd know that removing sex organs have some serious consequences.

I'm outta here.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can't be serious??? Panther's???? I am finding this hard to believe.
If you are talking about domestic cats, you will not get alot of support here if you don't spay/neuter your cats and let your cats roam, breed and maim one another.

violet

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I said already in the other thread, for heaven's sake, everyone, please, stop feeding this troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.