Cat's Gender

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Can u please help me distinguish my cat's gender. I think it's a male. weve been calling her Precious all the time but my husband said it's a male? he got balls. LOL thanks!
Looks like a boy to me.

A male has a round penile opening and is further away from the anus and a gal slit opening without the balls.

sex-kitten-by-color.jpg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks " Precious" to me ,no matter HIS gender- yes I do think Precious is a boy❤

Males are great-what you see is what you get ,not moody like most females

I personally have both,3boys n 2 girls and they are all love bugs....I've always had a preference for males in all species,bigger,stronger,bolder colors,even temperament ( I know I'm biased but my girls are very sweet and pretty)

I'm sure you'll really love having a boy

Last edited:

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Oops-where are my manners?
:welcomesign:to TCS,very nice to meet you:wave2::salam: Keep us posted and love to see photos,preferably the front view:flail::kitty:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mitchquiao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks " Precious" to me ,no matter HIS gender- yes I do think Precious is a boy❤

Males are great-what you see is what you get ,not moody like most females

I personally have both,3boys n 2 girls and they are all love bugs....I've always had a preference for males in all species,bigger,stronger,bolder colors,even temperament ( I know I'm biased but my girls are very sweet and pretty)

I'm sure you'll really love having a boy
You are right😻 He is calm. Sweet and playful too. I love this boy !!! 😻

mitchquiao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oops-where are my manners?
:welcomesign:to TCS,very nice to meet you:wave2::salam: Keep us posted and love to see photos,preferably the front view:flail::kitty:
hahaha Lol. Thanks!!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I think she's a girl, those are just. . .labial folds? Haha, not sure if cats have those. Anyway, try taking a picture straight from the back, with her standing up, with her tail held up. That keeps things from getting squished/folded and makes it easier to tell.

Also, she should see the vet for vaccines soon and you can get a professional opinion.

mitchquiao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Honestly, I think she's a girl, those are just. . .labial folds? Haha, not sure if cats have those. Anyway, try taking a picture straight from the back, with her standing up, with her tail held up. That keeps things from getting squished/folded and makes it easier to tell.

Also, she should see the vet for vaccines soon and you can get a professional opinion.
Thanks! hahahaha. Yes, Precious is on 2nd dose of 4in1 vaccine.

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My vote is definitely on boy. Cats don't tend to have labial folds. Of course, all will be revealed at your first routine vet appointment, but if this is a boy, I can say from experience that you will not be disappointed. Every male cat I've had has been an affectionate goofball who's excelled both in doing stupid things that make me laugh and in being a big softy and lovebug.

mitchquiao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My vote is definitely on boy. Cats don't tend to have labial folds. Of course, all will be revealed at your first routine vet appointment, but if this is a boy, I can say from experience that you will not be disappointed. Every male cat I've had has been an affectionate goofball who's excelled both in doing stupid things that make me laugh and in being a big softy and lovebug.
Thank you. I think so coz i can feel Precious' balls lol. True he is affectionate and wants to be cuddled when i get home 😻