Cats First Heating And First Labor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Melissarenee89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks everyone so much this is my first kitten litter to be a real part of. I have a 8yo and a 4yo and i thought that was stressful lol. But ive been trying to get pregnant for a year and havent been able to so my fiance gave me a cat and then she got pregnant so i lived thru her lol and shes my baby and when the first came out not full term it was horrible seeing these be healthy was amazing now i just wanna make sure i do everything and they make it

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If momma cleans them, you dont need to wipe them too. Unless you see its really needed.

Usually its a big help if momma takes care of them, even if you must handfeed.

If so, you may even allow yourself to sleep some now and then! :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You being a mom, does help you much in this situation with weak kittens. Both be used to a long time non sleeping, but not least, to organize things and solve problems. Find your own working solutions if necessary.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Having a scared new be caretaker, its often my advice for getting help: if they cant find some seasone caretaker of cats or dogs or rabbits, try to get help from a momma of several children. They are used to not to panic, but find solutions and manage even chaotic situations...
Even better than a dad in a similiar situation - but yes there are good male caretakers too. Among cats and among humans.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please keep mom inside and away from intact males now until she can be spayed!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Melissarenee89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please keep mom inside and away from intact males now until she can be spayed!
Thats exactly what we had been doing. She bolted as soon as thr door opened and stayed out for like 3 days ever since has been inside and until we can get her fixed she will stay inside. Does anyone know when I can take her to get fixed now?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She can be spayed when the kittens are 8 weeks old.

The kittens should stay with Mom until they are 10-12 weeks at least, and should ideally be fixed before they are rehomed.