Cat's First Dental Appt

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eclipse is going in for his first dental cleaning in a couple days. The vet's office has requested he not eat or drink anything after 10pm the night before.  I have two cats and leave out dry food at night.   Would it be easier to take up all the food and water that night or to put Eclipse in a room w/o food and water?

The appointment is at 9:30 am.  I am concerned because Eclipse always eats wet food at 7:30am and seems hungry in the morning.  any suggestions?

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just went through this with my dog. I would say that the vet is possibly being a bit conservative as far as not eating for this long, but usually that is because they know people with stretch the rules. Can you make sure that you feed him the night before later say around eight or nine? Also I would just pick up the dry food and water for the night, it might be a pain for the other cat, but one night shouldn't be too big of a deal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a feeling I'll be in for a long night either way.  LOL

I take him to the vet in a stroller.  I may stop at the lake and let his ogle the ducks and geese before the vet.