Cats fighting suddenly and all aggresive

Erisha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone I need to understand something that's been going on with my cats. My older female cat bullo would be sleeping grooming or doing anything else and then suddenly would run at maximum speed at one of my younger male cats scooby ( who may be in a different room altogether!) and then scooby hisses and growls loudly to which bullo, my older one gets all feral as well. Then I separate them and then they act as if nothing happened. However in between if my other male cat, seph tries to playfully chase after scooby, he hisses and turns all feral again and then bullo my female gets angry and starts this cycle all over again 😔. And when they start fighting it becomes so difficult to separate them that i want them to not fight at all. Any help/ suggestions why a cat may suddenly run after another in a different room if they have been friends before and have not travelled anywhere outside of the vet? Is it normal?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Erisha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They have known each other since two years. No they haven't been to the vet since about 4 months. However now that I think about it there has been some furniture moving in my house 3 months ago and they had a big fight after that. In any case what else can I do other than separate them? Do I also have to lock the rooms?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am not sure how the furniture move 3 months ago, despite the fact that they fought then, would be playing a role now. Unless something else has changed in your house more recently. Was she sleeping in a different place than normal that was near the furniture that was moved? Any other changes in the home shortly before this most recent incident?

However, often a stray or feral cat, or other wild critter, will come close by the house and some cats will react to that. They are amazing at sensing things that we humans cannot. So, you may want to keep a close eye on this probability.

The other thing that has been a trigger is an illness either in the attacking cat or the one being attacked. An ill cat can react aggressively toward another cat just because they don't feel well. Likewise, a cat being attacked might be sick and the illness is affecting how they smell or how the attacking cat perceives them.

Something is riling up your cat(s) - so, now you have to look for patterns to see if you can narrow down the possibilities until you find the cause.
Why Do Cats Attack? - TheCatSite
Re-directed Aggression In Cats - TheCatSite
How To Deal With Non-recognition Aggression In Cats - TheCatSite

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone I need to understand something that's been going on with my cats. My older female cat bullo would be sleeping grooming or doing anything else and then suddenly would run at maximum speed at one of my younger male cats scooby ( who may be in a different room altogether!) and then scooby hisses and growls loudly to which bullo, my older one gets all feral as well. Then I separate them and then they act as if nothing happened. However in between if my other male cat, seph tries to playfully chase after scooby, he hisses and turns all feral again and then bullo my female gets angry and starts this cycle all over again 😔. And when they start fighting it becomes so difficult to separate them that i want them to not fight at all. Any help/ suggestions why a cat may suddenly run after another in a different room if they have been friends before and have not travelled anywhere outside of the vet? Is it normal?
No,but it's not that it's abnormal behavior either,'s a clear indication that something is triggering your cat to not behave as she normallly does.....so a sudden change I'm behavior is a normal reaction for a cat when 'something has changed.....
FeebysOwner FeebysOwner has mentioned that we often cannot hear or sense what a cat does hear and sense ,she has also provided some excellent links for you to try and figure out what's eating her!
You mentioned a furniture rearrangement , I too do not see how that has anything to do with this 3 months later.So since youve moved your furniture around have you recently moved litter boxes,food bowls ...does she always go charging in to a particular room that your other cat is in or can he be anywhere in the house:when it happens?

Erisha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all. I am a bit late but yes I followed your instructions and have now realised it's a male cat outside the house in heat that yowls and at the same time my female cat gets like that. After I closed the windows near that room, no sound enters and now she behaves normally. 😊

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all. I am a bit late but yes I followed your instructions and have now realised it's a male cat outside the house in heat that yowls and at the same time my female cat gets like that. After I closed the windows near that room, no sound enters and now she behaves normally. 😊
Males do not go into heat so highly likely it's a female trying to attract a male-males are always receptive as they produce sperm continuously vs their female counterpart that has an estrus cycle

Erisha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Males do not go into heat so highly likely it's a female trying to attract a male-males are always receptive as they produce sperm continuously vs their female counterpart that has an estrus cycle
Oh okay I'll keep an eye out for the female then. Thank you.